Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm 

well i really do think crosman's quality control has gone down, and this just proves it. After my last experience with a 1322.... and now that i got a new one it won't even hold air. great. thought it may be crud in the valve stem, there was some plastic built up on the metal stem, but that did nothing. it leaks out the barrel.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:28 pm 

Thanks it's a new one and you can just get a replacement directly from where you bought it, right?

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 pm 

I wasn't a fan of Crosman QC in the last few guns I owned.

You should have just returned it. Now they might not take it back because you took it apart. There been a few guns I bought that had issues rather then returning. I took it apart to figure out. And I was told I'm SOL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Thanks it's a new one and you can just get a replacement directly from where you bought it, right?

Sent from my LG cellphone

yeeah but id rather not have to wait, but it looks like i may have to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:45 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

You should have just returned it. Now they might not take it back because you took it apart. There been a few guns I bought that had issues rather then returning. I took it apart to figure out. And I was told I'm SOL.

ironically you can't legaly do that. people are allowed to take apart there own property, and still return it, as long as they didn't break it. alot of places don't follow that law, but what is one person going to do? its not like they have the money to sue them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm 

Ausername wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

ironically you can't legaly do that. people are allowed to take apart there own property, and still return it, as long as they didn't break it. alot of places don't follow that law, but what is one person going to do? its not like they have the money to sue them.

Crosman warranty says otherwise.

https://www.crosman.com/general/warranty-information

Quote:
ANY DISASSEMBLY OR MODIFICATION NOT PERFORMED BY A CROSMAN AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR INCIDENTAL EXPENSES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSE. CROSMAN DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT ANY PROVISION OF THIS WARRANTY IS PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR MUNICIPAL LAW, IT SHALL NOT BE APPLICABLE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:25 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Ausername wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

Crosman warranty says otherwise.

https://www.crosman.com/general/warranty-information

Quote:
ANY DISASSEMBLY OR MODIFICATION NOT PERFORMED BY A CROSMAN AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT INCLUDE CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR INCIDENTAL EXPENSES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR ANY OTHER EXPENSE. CROSMAN DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT ANY PROVISION OF THIS WARRANTY IS PROHIBITED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR MUNICIPAL LAW, IT SHALL NOT BE APPLICABLE. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.

never said it was legal for them to say that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Rights_Act_2015

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:35 pm 

Ausername wrote:
never said it was legal for them to say that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Rights_Act_2015

FYI that is for the UK, NOT Canada.

You should be responsible for the repair cost. Because you voided the warranty. And it's wrong and dishonest if you think the business should replace it. You have no proof it wasn't working before you took it apart, or the plastic stuff on the valve. This is why we got airgun/gun smiths. That their job.

I know it sucks. But there is consequences for every action.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:04 am 

Good thing about the 1322 is it's easy to work on, parts are easy to get and they are reasonably priced. Sending the gun back to crosman probably would cost half the price of the gun, though they may even pay your shipping, they have a pretty good warranty center in Canada with Gravel agency.
Anyway they are fun to take apart =)

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:30 am 

leadslinger wrote:

also like how they put oil behind my rear sight but none on the piston...