Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: walker shootin' bench.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 pm 

this isn,t meant to be ignorant-- but creative. I was in the garage and was going to make a shooting rest. but then I noticed my walker that I bought off of kijiji because I was going to get my knees done but didn,t -was hanging on the wall. so I had a box laying around and a small cat blanket and put it on top. the legs are adjustable and go up and down and it,s super light. and if one got creative they could whip up a nice top out of wood to go over it. pull up a chair and bingo-instant adjustable-- folding-- shooting table. later sometime I,ll make a nice light bigger top for it that will lift on and off. I got this one off of kijiji for $20.00 bucks. admit it most of us are gonna need one of these eventually anyway . hope you can see the pics okay. but you get the idea.

Attachments:
Photo0480.jpg
Photo0480.jpg [ 36.04 KiB | Viewed 252 times ]
Photo0482.jpg
Photo0482.jpg [ 35.75 KiB | Viewed 252 times ]
Photo0484.jpg
Photo0484.jpg [ 32.67 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:37 pm 

Beautiful! Way to go on the re-purposing...
How high is the top at max.?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:07 pm 

thanks 57. it works great. as high as it goes is to 37" and I made a 7" foam gun rest. the box I had was from a portable bbq and it fit over the handles perfect and it was solid enough to lean my elbows on it and shoot for awhile. when I have time it,ll be very easy to make a light weight wood frame with a bigger top that can go on and off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 pm 

That's a fantastic idea. I made my small-topped stand using an old cymbal stand which, like yours, is adjustable, portable and lightweight. Very nice! RC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:06 am 

before I thought of this I was using 2 of those green kitchen chairs you see in the picture. sat on one and used the back of the other one to rest my rifles on. this way I,ve got room for my knees and I only need one chair.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:04 pm 

Ive got one of these i use as an outboard motor stand. Works great.