Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:22 pm 

Back in my archery days I would always shoot the compound bow I was shooting the best at the time. It did seem to change week to week. With my pellet guns I always shoot my fourth best shooting pellet gun. When I do my part it will make one raggid hole. But not all the time when my shoulder gets tired. My top two rifles always make ragged holes but I don't shoot them as I want to know they are shooting so well I hardly shoot them. I also have a $39. Princess Auto special with a 4X Centre point scope that is bang on every time but I never shoot it just in case a friend wants to shoot and only has a cheap pellet gun. Then I fit in and make them feel more comfortable. So I actually shoot my fourth rated shooting pellet gun daily and 95% of the time. Fourth rated pellet gun has a fifty dollar 6X24 RioRand scope which has real picky eye relief.

Do most of you shoot your best shooting gun daily or use a work horse that is not important to you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:49 pm 

I don't have too many choices....

Only this Daisy 953 and that HW30... I got only 2 rifles...

As always, we will shoot the new one more... :) so recently I almost 90% of the time is shooting the HW30... Anyway, so far still have too many things on the list to do with this very first break barrel springer in my life ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:13 pm 
Site sponsor and moderator

My old Beeman 1040/41 made in Spain.
viewtopic.php?forum_uri=&t=32802&start=

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 pm 

I like to shoot my crosman M4-177, the best rifle I have is the qb78 in .177 which is surprisingly very accurate even with any pellet and just shooting it with iron sight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 pm 

.22 Nitro Venom Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:20 pm 

tx200 almost exclusively but only because I do not own a fwb 800x, yet. I do like shooting a break barrel time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:53 pm 

Love the challenge of shooting my TX200 at the range. At home, the Crosman pumpers get a lot of use.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:46 am 

Crosman M4-177 at 25 feet indoors. Groups less than half inch. It only likes JSB Exact 8.44 ,no other pellets come close!
Daisy Grizzly Camo at 16 -18 feet with pellets also great.
Umarex NXG APX 490 -with pellets only - nice looking - feels good ,but poor grouping beyond 18 feet
Umarex Morph at 16 feet -BBs only -very accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:36 am 

for me it,s a hw 95 for hunting 25 grouse this year so far.My ft gun is my tx200hc shoots great at 12lb the man cave gun is a fwb300 with a model 65 for the hip and when the boys come over the bsa airsporters come out with the under lever and tap loading there is no finger loss when the beers and smokes come out :( :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:57 pm 

HW97KT .177

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:47 pm 

These days I'm shooting my mouth off; seems I'm too damned lazy to actually go out and shoot. I did just get a Beeman QB78 so I've been shooting it off and on. It's a .177 chronyed at 450fps so I'm going to tune it to shoot 495fps with a .22 barrel I have in my stash.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:21 am 

Air Arms SL 410 FAC Xtra with Altaros Reg. Just gets boring since you get the pellet on pellet accuracy anytime.
Then for multi caliber experience the AirForce talon/dor hybrid in 177,20,22 or 25. Fitted an Altaros reg and a CF tank fillable up to 4500 psi, and the rest is fun experience tuning what power setting you like to set it for accuracy and consistency. Will get me 70-100 shots depending on the set up.

The Gauntlet 177 is next for the same as AirArms experience, "on budget"... Will get boring too since this is so accurate after the tune I did.

Brocock 177 and Kral mega marine comes next and for the springer experience.. the HW 97kt synthetic blackline...

Maybe a Daystate or an FX in the future.. before my wife kills me.. ;-)

Happy shooting everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am 

I dont own any high end air rifles.................yet, though have several garden variety ruger and crosman guns as well as an old slavia 620. I enjoy the 620 plenty but find my Crosman Phantom my go to gun, especially as a hunter of small game. Its short carbine like stock as well as 22 caliber make it a pleasure to carry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:05 pm 

Hi,
I received a BSA SS GRT in .22 about a couple weeks ago and after I tightened the stock screws as I always do I began to test fire the Super Sport from 10 yards out. I also quickly mounted a 3x9-40 AOE Center Point scope I had near by, once I caught a hint of it's spooky accuracy lol as if it's not suppose too be anymore? . I never have been so surprised with out of box rifles but this time I am. Made in Spain or not I don't care any more. It has a monster thick build around the breach (maybe for their .25cal) and the wood is addicting to look at .... Thank You AGS airguns! Great service, fast delivery and I just can't believe the accuracy.
I used JSB Express 14.35gr at 670 fps . 4 power on scope off hand leaning on my tree (Military Hold) . This is my second best Go Too rifle.
The first one is my .177 Pro Sport with walnut dark wood. But I am sure this gorgeous new Gas Ram BSA with that incredible accuracy will become my number one. Off Hand shooting is my thing and the Pro Sport fits me perfect for longer periods of shooting off hand. The Air Arms stuff has always been my favorite company for their honesty and first class quality. But unfortunately AA does not provide us with a 6 to 7 pound rifle in springer.
Cheers
Captain Air (Italo)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:51 am 

Captain Air wrote:
But unfortunately AA does not provide us with a 6 to 7 pound rifle in springer.

Sorry for the off topic, there certainly are sub 500fps spirngs for the tx200 and prosport (same internals). Full tuning kits as well and the route I have taken. Worth every penny and then some.