Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:02 pm 

Gorgeous design and machining man!!!
Love that apache valve

If trigger load feel is in your design. How about a trigger remake with a roll over sea?
Iirc there is a pic of one out in www

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:39 pm 

Unless I am mistaken, the last drawing (below the Apache valve photos, which is very nice BTW) would have a lot more load on the sear because the spool area is much greater than the area inside the original quad seal (which changes the sear load a lot)…. If you wanted to balance the design, I think you need to vent the area to the left of the O-ring on the left of the spool to the exhaust port, like you did in the Apache valve, don't you?....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:50 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Gorgeous design and machining man!!!
Love that apache valve

Thanks!

Quote:
If trigger load feel is in your design. How about a trigger remake with a roll over sea?
Iirc there is a pic of one out in www

Not sure I understood this one...

Quote:
Unless I am mistaken, the last drawing (below the Apache valve photos, which is very nice BTW) would have a lot more load on the sear because the spool area is much greater than the area inside the original quad seal (which changes the sear load a lot)…. If you wanted to balance the design, I think you need to vent the area to the left of the O-ring on the left of the spool to the exhaust port, like you did in the Apache valve, don't you?....

Do you mean like this?

In the Apache valve I vented it for two reasons, first of all so that the compression of the trapped air wouldn't impede valve opening, and also if the inner chamber o-ring was damaged then it would leak through the barrel and I would be aware of it. I suppose the latter would be good enough reason to do it in this design.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:10 pm 

Correct, and then have the balance end of the spool (left side in your drawing) slightly smaller than the right side, so that there is a small load bias towards the sear, so that when tripped the valve "blows open"....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 pm 

Instead of addtessing trigger forces by valve design maybe change trigger sear to a multi lever with roll over sear. Minimal force on trigger blade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:38 am 

Voltar1 wrote:
Instead of addtessing trigger forces by valve design maybe change trigger sear to a multi lever with roll over sear. Minimal force on trigger blade

I see what you mean, like this?

It's an option but in the interest of reducing wear, I think limiting the forces on the valve is worth designing for.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:02 pm 

Nice machine work. If you ever have the desire to build a 1400 trigger mod like this one let me know, I would love to buy it. It would turn my 1400 into my favorite airgun.

It was originally designed by a user namer POWR. He said the front and rear blocks are 1/4" aluminum and the side plates can be steel or aluminum. He used 01 tool steel for the moving parts. the 3 adjustment screws are 6-32 set screws. Since this is a 2 lever trigger, it is insensitive to the load on the sear, so the number of pumps makes no noticeable difference in the pull weight.

Attachments:
1400 Trigger small.jpg
1400 Trigger small.jpg [ 114 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 am 

I like that. 8)

Thanks for posting it.

Al

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm 

You're welcome! If you build it please let me know how it works, I would love to have one like it!