Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm 

Not nearly as much as I'd like. Back when we didn't have backdoor neighbors I'd always have a rifle by the back door and some targets at the end of the yard.
Would use it a few times a day while getting the dogs out but since they moved in, I don't want them to call/complain about me so I shoot indoors only. Shorter/more boring range so I shoot less. Hitting a pop can at 40feet with a RedRyder, you have to work for it. In the garage it's too easy plus I have to put the car outside if I don't want to risk a ricochet hitting it.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:40 am 

I got new neighbors. So I gotta warm into them. My last neighbors that lived there, was a airgunner. Well shot rats.

I find it easier to see in the natural light, then down in the basement. So I would prefer to shoot in the porch, into the back yard. I can just bring my fuel fired heater for warmth.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:56 am 

Hmmm...I guess if one is an apartment or condo dweller they are pretty much out of luck? The noise might be too much in such environments.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:24 am 

BBKen wrote:
Hmmm...I guess if one is an apartment or condo dweller they are pretty much out of luck? The noise might be too much in such environments.

Plenty of people do. Because a lot of bylaws prevent them from discharging in the area. Nor do they want to travel, or join a range.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:25 pm 

I never measured the decibels of my guns, but they do seem loud - my concern is that some folks in the building might not be too fond of the noise ...or whatever rules that might exist as part of a condo.

I haven't looked at shooting ranges - I mean, there are ones for the real guns more than anything.

leadslinger wrote:
BBKen wrote:

Plenty of people do. Because a lot of bylaws prevent them from discharging in the area. Nor do they want to travel, or join a range.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:38 pm 

BBKen wrote:
I never measured the decibels of my guns, but they do seem loud - my concern is that some folks in the building might not be too fond of the noise ...or whatever rules that might exist as part of a condo.

I haven't looked at shooting ranges - I mean, there are ones for the real guns more than anything.

leadslinger wrote:
BBKen wrote:

Maybe time to invest in some DB friendly options. There are a few SSP in both pistol and rifle format that are both very accurate and economical. More specifically the Daisy 953 and the beeman p17. Airsoft isn't entirely a bad option either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:54 pm 

Wednesday evening - 4 of us met at the indoor range. Turned on the lights, cranked the heat up to 64 and shot for 2 1/2 hours @ about 55 feet, 18.3 yards. Shot my HE97 most of the evening, along with some aperture sight shooting with a friend's FWB recoiless - model 300 I think. That is quite a rifle. We (Roy and I) were both shooting abou0t 1/10" to 2/10's" groups with it once we got the aperture size down right for the lighting. We also shot a couple groups with it, with no front aperture in the globe and ended up with 1/4" to 3/8" on centres groups. Happy with that.
On of the fellows had a new FX semi-auto. Nice rifle with super duper walnut stock - really nice figure. Quite a rife - the Monsoon according to my notes. Good shooting rifle although perhaps the pellets weren't quite the perfect match for it. It is restricted to under 16gr. pellets for the semi-auto feature to work properly. Both my .22's prefer the H&N 19.09gr. Barracuda pellets.

Friday night is silhouette. Sunday is 10 meter and Silhouette. Do have some loads I have to test in my Sharps, though.

We need to get that running game machine running - that was fun.

Attachments:
P4111679.jpg
P4111679.jpg [ 134.95 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]

Last edited by Daryl on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 pm 

Usually I think the construction of a condo will insulate the noise well...

You can't hear the surround sound system playing from you neighbor unit, they should not able to hear your shooting in the other side of the wall...

Just have a good back stopper and don't let the BBs bouncing on to your big screen TV.... ;D

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:09 pm 

BBKen wrote:

leadslinger wrote:
BBKen wrote:

Condos are normally built a little more sound proofed then an apartment. But the probably do have some rules against discharging airguns or firearms in them. So there some stuff you can do to minimize the noise. Stuff stuff around the door. You can make a range muffler or silent box. Basically a padded box, with baffles that you shoot thru. A good backstop is key.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 pm 

I shoot airguns most days. It is a good way to forget about the office and relax.