Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: new Sig pistol
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:30 pm 

Post subject: Re: new Sig pistol
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 pm 

Nice!!! Bravo V.
After the P226 Mk 25 ..this one is really cool.
Have you any shooting results ?

Will soon have my own M17 that's on delivery for this week.

Hawk-i

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:50 pm 

Hawk-I wrote:
Nice!!! Bravo V.
After the P226 Mk 25 ..this one is really cool.
Have you any shooting results ?

Will soon have my own M17 that's on delivery for this week.

Hawk-i

thanks R. !

no shooting result yet, still in break-in! but second co2 capsule was good!, first, the gun was too cold, stayed too long in the UPS truck, bad blowback, bad grouping when gun is totally cold.. Wait to shoot yours until it gets warm! A warm airgun or airsoft gun works and perform way much better. Let me know when you received it!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:53 am 

finally some one actually has one of these. looks great w. I'll be waiting for your warm review. I think I might be buying one and leave it in that nice box until spring. but I just might get it out once in a while and fondle it. mind if I ask where you bought it from.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:06 am 

pete wrote:
finally some one actually has one of these. looks great w. I'll be waiting for your warm review. I think I might be buying one and leave it in that nice box until spring. but I just might get it out once in a while and fondle it. mind if I ask where you bought it from.

bought it at Pyramydair, 212$ CAD with all the fees and 13% coupon code.
Its a fun gun, looks and feel great in hand, works great too without issue even with the 20rnds belt mag (at least for the first 2 co2 bottles. Piercing mechanism is great, easy to use. The mag design is a bit strange, there is a seal between the gun and the mag, so each time you remove the mag, you loose a small amount of co2 (pchh!). I can have 60 good shots out of a co2 (3mags), and 20 more weak shots. Slide is a bit loose, like the p226, accuracy is good, but not as good as my p226, maybe because the barrel is a bit loose. The recoil spring rod assembly is made out of flimsy plastic, dont drop the gun on the floor. They should have made this part in metal.Sights are fixed. trigger pull is long and "crounchy" to turn the belt, strange plastic sound when pulling it. Double action only, slide movement do nothing in the cycle. Fps seams lower than the p226, less punch on soup cans. Great package that you can reuse, finally. The slide can be removed, you need to pull the trigger to get it back in place. Slide does not lock back, like all the blowback pellet pistols.

Conclusion: if you are looking to add a nice replica to your collection, that is fun too shoot, its worth it, if you are looking to the buy the ultimate revelation pistol of the year, does not worth it. Dont get too high expectation for this pistol. P226, P250 are better performers in a less attractive package (both box and guns). Hope this help

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 am 

Hmmm~ I like my P250~ And in the actual pics the color on the polymer grip looks not as good as the official pictures, too plastic...

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:26 pm 

My turn….to get the M17 :)
Delivered after being delayed in shipping because of the 'labour disruption' at Canada Post. :cry:
Really nice..got to admit. You have to see it for real and not rely on pics. Sig claims it is 100% replica in design and I trust in color since it is 'their' design based on the real military version.
To reply to 'pete' I got mine from CSS (proudly canadian) with a very decent CDN$ price.

I have the P226 Mk25 and it's definitely heavier considering the metal frame as opposed to the polymer frame of the M17-P320...but that's what the army has and it's lighter to carry on duty. I would also second what -walterglocksmith - had to say about the velocity. I have yet to do some Chrony shot tests...but it it apparent that the M17-P320 is not as powerful by the way the pellets don't penetrate the Duct Seal target barrier as much as the Sig P226 Mk 25 (skirt deep) from a range of 15 feet indoors. But no regrets. It is after all a 'plinker' in military dress. :lol:
Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:15 am 

sounds and looks good you guys. I,ll probably wait till this strikes over before I order one(from css also.) I,m not in a big rush-- I can,t use it until spring anyway. would flathead pellets be the best to use in these or does it matter. I don,t really care for them but will use them if I have to. thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:13 pm 

just realized why the barrel is a bit loose, it can be removed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 pm 

Really nice! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 pm 

Nice pics!