Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:43 pm 

YepYep wrote:
This legal wording always make me confused...

Is this (b) means if someone told you they have the PAL, you MUST believe them and trust what they told you is fact?!

Sent from my LG cellphone

23 A person may transfer a non-restricted firearm if, at the time of the transfer the transferor (b) has no reason to believe that the transferee is not authorized to acquire and possess that kind of firearm.

You do not HAVE to believe them at all. You never HAVE to believe anyone. You don't HAVE to sell the gun to him or her - ever! There are a lot of different reasons you might not believe them - he "sounded like a 6/12/15/16 year old". Also - you will never be asked "why didn't you believe him". Any reason you have is your reason & that is good enough. - As in, I deceided not to sell it! Now, for a business to say -they refused to sell him the gun because he had a strong accent, or looked like a middle eastern person, well, that will get them into trouble - racism, etc. Not you as a private citizen. You don't ever have to give a reason. Didn't sound trustworthy and I could not live with myself if I sold him a gun and he had been lying to me. All sorts of "reasons".

Transfers of restricted firearms by telephone can be carried out by calling the CFP and selecting the transfer option from the menu of services. Callers should have the following information ready when they call: etc, etc.

A provincial or territorial Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) must approve all transfers of restricted and prohibited firearms. Individuals may contact the CFP for more information on this process or for help to verify a firearm. An Authorization to Transport (ATT) is required to transport restricted and prohibited firearms.

Air Force Condor .25
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Air Force Talon .177
HW97 KT .177
HW98 .22
Brocock Concept .22
Artemis PP700S-A Reg. .22
Artemis PP800 Rebel Reg. .22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:55 pm 

"No wonder gun crime is bad. All you need to do is take a person word. I still won't accept someone word."

This statement is false. Gun crime in Canada is not bad when you consider all the other countries in the World.

Gun crime in every country with strict gun controls is worse than here- much worse. Gun crime in countries

where firearms are totally forbidden, are among the highest in the world.

Watch this - here are the FBI's numbers. Bill Wittle is also entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz ... u.be&t=142

Air Force Condor .25
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Air Force Talon .177
HW97 KT .177
HW98 .22
Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:29 pm 

Daryl we are not talking about restricted firearms here. So I'm not sure why you are quoting it? Because it doesn't apply here. And if it directed to me? 90% of my firearms I own/owned were restricted and Ive owned 100s in 20 years. So I well aware of transferring those types. Considering I called them this morning and transferred 2 restricted firearms. So I'm well aware of the process.

And I remember the time when we had to register non restricted firearms, including air guns. Took hours sitting waiting at a store. Same process at the time, as restricted. Minis was no ATT, or club membership required for NR.

What I don't agree on is the whole only legal requirement is taking someone word that they have a license. But not sure what racism has to do with any of this? Still I'm not putting my investment on the line.Over a BS laws that you only need to ask to legally sell someone a firearm.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Daryl we are not talking about restricted firearms here. So I'm not sure why you are quoting it? Because it doesn't apply here. And if it directed to me? 90% of my firearms I own/owned were restricted and Ive owned 100s in 20 years. So I well aware of transferring those types. Considering I called them this morning and transferred 2 restricted firearms. So I'm well aware of the process.

And I remember the time when we had to register non restricted firearms, including air guns. Took hours sitting waiting at a store. Same process at the time, as restricted. Minis was no ATT, or club membership required for NR.

What I don't agree on is the whole only legal requirement is taking someone word that they have a license. But not sure what racism has to do with any of this? Still I'm not putting my investment on the line.Over a BS laws that you only need to ask to legally sell someone a firearm.

Simply showing the difference - thought that was obvious. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Meant to show compulsory proof for restricted, not for non-restricted. The note about racism was put
in to show the difference between businesses and private citizens - again.

It was only an example of "YOU" or any private citizen can refuse to sell someone you suspect or don't like, a
firearm, but a business cannot make the same refusal without proof of wrong doing by that individual.

If a business has a gun for sale and I meet the legal requirements to buy it, they HAVE to sell it to me.

Again, if I don't like the person wanting to buy my gun I don't have to sell them anything - nor do they have to sell me anything.

Air Force Condor .25
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Air Force Talon .177
HW97 KT .177
HW98 .22
Brocock Concept .22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:09 pm 

Tony_M73 wrote:
David, What did you have to do when you purchased your PAL rated firearms? Well, whatever they seller required of you at the time of your purchase is exactly what you will have to do as a seller.

I believe you need to get from purchaser:-
PAL number
Purchaser's birth date.
PAL expiry date.
Then confirm with CFO.

lol what this guy said

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:15 pm 

Daryl, 98% of the people use the Name, pal# and DOB to verify. May not be what the firearm act says. But it's what people do to ensure they are selling to a person with a proper license.

You ask on any firearm forum and it will be the same answers. Seems CAF has been the only site with people. Saying they don't need to prove. Except from that one guy with the might be a firearm license. Nobody has issues with giving what I require for proof.

There was a local guy trying to buy on FB before it shut down sales. Nobody looked at his license closely. People actually sold to him. To find out what he was using was a expired minors permit. And he was over 18. Guess what the scary thing was? He was prohib from owning firearms for beating his GF. The massive list of charges when he got busted for drugs. Because the photo showed a roach in the ash tray next to the license.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2