Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:55 pm 

Hi guys,

Any Umarex Walther P38 owners out there?

I just bought one and the first thing I noticed taking it out of the box was that the slide really rattles around a lot.

If I shake my hand side-to-side while holding the pistol the slide rattles a ton.

Does anyone else's do this?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 pm 

Just now saw (read) your request. Doesn't seem like you've gotten any other replies of yet.
I have had a Walther P-38 for some time now. Nice replica and fairly accurate for a BB pistol. The slide on mine is tight and doesn't show any looseness or 'rattle'. However, with an empty stick-mag in I can get the pistol to rattle a bit if I shake it hard from side to side. But I figure that's the mag moving around in the grip housing.

Can't say what you've got going on with yours ? However, may I caution you if you attempt to remove the BARREL from the pistol as referenced on Page 9 of the P-38 Operation Manual that came with the airgun from Umarex. The Slide that remains on the frame has a very strong tendency to easily move rearward and up off the frame rails. This should NEVER be allowed to happen. DO NOT move the Slide with the Barrel removed. Otherwise a very small spring will escape from underneath the slide rails and render the pistol inoperable.
I know this is not the issue you raised initially in your Post...but if you were not aware of the risk maybe it will be useful in avoiding permanent damage to your airgun far beyond a 'loose' slide rattling.

Hawk-i

KRAL Puncher Marine .177
Ind.Brand AR2078 B Match .177
Weihrauch HW50S .117
SigSauer P320 M17
Crosman 2240w/SB
Weihrauch HW45 SS .22
Daisy Avanti 747
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'