Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 66
I notice that the hammer doesn't stay back (as it should after cocking it manually by pushing the slider back) on a Sig Sauer Spartan 1911 blowback pistol. Ie. I need to shoot at least 3 times before the hammer stays back, which for those 3 times, I have to slide the slider back to cock the gun.

Any ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Return it. Its defective.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 66
Probably too much a hassle. I would need to ship and pay for postage to US...unless Sig Sauer covers that which I doubt.

Weird that it takes 2 manual cocking before the hammer stays back. Almost as if not enough CO2 in the beginning to slide the slider back even though I think it is. Will need to visually confirm.


leadslinger wrote:
Return it. Its defective.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
BBKen wrote:
Probably too much a hassle. I would need to ship and pay for postage to US...unless Sig Sauer covers that which I doubt.

Weird that it takes 2 manual cocking before the hammer stays back. Almost as if not enough CO2 in the beginning to slide the slider back even though I think it is. Will need to visually confirm.


leadslinger wrote:
Return it. Its defective.


Well it has a warranty or should. Have you contacted a warranty center?

And are you thumbing the slide. IE resting your thumb on the slide. Thus stopping it? YES it's a thing. A thumb resting on the slide can slow down the slide travel. And cause it to have issues. I used to do that with my real 1911's. 9mm/45 took alot of effort. But a Blowback Co2 gun wouldn't take much pressure to stop/slow the travel.

But if you have no understanding of the internal workings, or mechanically inclined. You shouldn't do the work. Because you would try and take the gun apart. Wouldn't have an idea what to look for.

So would have a gun apart, no idea what wrong, and probably no access to parts.

But if your not thumbing it. I would return it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 66
Thanks for the tips - I had a look at the slider - maybe it was a bit sticky still being it's new, so I slid it back a few times and applied just a bit of Pellgunoil to the side. Tried it 2 separate times and the hammer now stays cocked right from the start. I also paid attention to ensure that my finger wasn't touch the slide while shooting, so perhaps that was just it or maybe the safety lever wasn't completely off or something.

Anyhow, all good now - thanks again.

leadslinger wrote:
BBKen wrote:
Probably too much a hassle. I would need to ship and pay for postage to US...unless Sig Sauer covers that which I doubt.

Weird that it takes 2 manual cocking before the hammer stays back. Almost as if not enough CO2 in the beginning to slide the slider back even though I think it is. Will need to visually confirm.


leadslinger wrote:
Return it. Its defective.


Well it has a warranty or should. Have you contacted a warranty center?

And are you thumbing the slide. IE resting your thumb on the slide. Thus stopping it? YES it's a thing. A thumb resting on the slide can slow down the slide travel. And cause it to have issues. I used to do that with my real 1911's. 9mm/45 took alot of effort. But a Blowback Co2 gun wouldn't take much pressure to stop/slow the travel.

But if you have no understanding of the internal workings, or mechanically inclined. You shouldn't do the work. Because you would try and take the gun apart. Wouldn't have an idea what to look for.

So would have a gun apart, no idea what wrong, and probably no access to parts.

But if your not thumbing it. I would return it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
Posts: 66
leadslinger wrote:

I used to do that with my real 1911's. 9mm/45 took alot of effort. But a Blowback Co2 gun wouldn't take much pressure to stop/slow the travel.


Having never shot a real 1911 like yourself, how realistic do you find the blowback of such CO2 versions of replicas? Close, Close enough, or not even close

Cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2062
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Well I would say it was your thumb. A 1911 thumb safety actually lifts into a notch on the slide. Basically locking the slide, as well the sear from moving. So there would be no way it could even "blowback" with the safety even semi on.

Well I did have a KWC 1911 Blowback BB gun. But owned a 22LR 1911, 9mm and 45ACP. I wouldn't even say not even remotely close. 1/2 that of the 22LR. It's better then nothing at all. Guess just adds to the realism.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 2988
Location: Northern Ontario
BBKen wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I used to do that with my real 1911's. 9mm/45 took alot of effort. But a Blowback Co2 gun wouldn't take much pressure to stop/slow the travel.


Having never shot a real 1911 like yourself, how realistic do you find the blowback of such CO2 versions of replicas? Close, Close enough, or not even close

Cheers

Not even close.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO