Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 am 

... either skeletonize/lighten a 26mm piston (HW77) or replace the steel skirt entirely with a lighter alloy. Need to lighten it to around 170g. Also, transfer port needs to be opened up to 3.9-4.0 mm. I'm in the Edmonton area. I know this is kind of a shot in the dark but hey, who knows right? PM me with what you can do and for price. Thanks and best regards. -Adrian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:23 am 
Supporting Member 2009

170g is a bit too light - all the reading I've done is that 200g is where you want to be (that's including the top hat). Building a whole new piston is gonna be $$.. what most people do is mill/drill slots into it to lighten it.

Probably your best best is to send get a new 23mm compression tube and piston from Tony Leach in the UK (if you have a 26mm compression tube - if you have a 25mm compression tube, it's easier for Tony to do a 22mm kit - this is what I have). You'll have to mail Tony your compression tube to do the work, or buy one from the UK and have it sent directly to him. He's done a boat load of experimental work on this to develop it, and it really is the cutting edge in Springer technology. Amazingly little recoil.

Also best to put in a TX trigger unit (it's a direct replacement) cuz then you can use a piston that rotates freely. This is what I've also done. If you don't replace the trigger, you have to modify the HW main sear to allow it to catch on a rotating piston latch (it looks like the TX piston rod)

On Facebook, search for the group 'Lost Volume', it's a closed group, but just apply and he'll add you. There's TONNES of info on his 22mm conversion and also about lightening up the OEM piston. You can send Tony a FB pm to ask for pricing.