Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:29 pm 

Shoot all my springers well on lower power under 650ish. Got 3 airhawks and 2 shoot gr8. My 3rd airhawk with a full power spring has given me fits. It shoots in the mid 900's.Tried tons of different pellets and no better success. Could not keep and pellet in a 6 inch circle no matter what hold it used for the past 6 months.It shot good with a 500fps stock spring. Used military hold and no success except one day I shot it fairly well which was on my mind. Was thinking of starting to cut the full power spring. Went through a few scopes thinking eye relief was not good. Was debating about a toon kit but at $150 shipped I did not want to spend if it did not shoot better.

TILL THIS MORNING

When I stumbled on a thread in a forum and someone asked where you put your front hand and people were saying put your thumb in the screw hole with gun laying on your palm. That guarantees your front hand is always in the same exact position everytime. So on and off all morning I have been trying this and after readjusting the scope it is like a new gun stacking pellets or at worse it is keeping them in a two inch circle. I am so excited now to make the full power spring work as good as my other two airhawks.

Perhaps this little advice will help someone here. I did not want to even buy a new gun until I got this one shooting to my standard. Will adapter this to all my springers now.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 pm 

Interesting. Seems like sound advice.

My best advice would be buy a quality springer and tune it. Something like a Tx200 or hw97. You won't regret it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:57 pm 

Hmm, I can see that working.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:33 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:

My best advice would be buy a quality springer and tune it. Something like a Tx200 or hw97. You won't regret it.

:roll: No comment!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:26 pm 

Just went upstairs between periods of the hockey game and took ten shots with my thumb in the screw hole. I could never keep it all in the black. Sometimes I could not even keep them all in any of the rings. I am excited about this. Still fine tuning my scope a couple clicks at a time. Got something to work with now at least.

Never wanted to shoot the full power with it being so erratic. Looking forward to the future with it now.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 pm 

At what range?
For the price of 3 Airhawkes, could have bought the AirArms or HW underlevers and had a gun that shoots one little hole for 10 shots with a variety of pellets. Just saying.
The HW97 was my BEST airgun buy. Gophers to 56 yards.

Air Force Condor .25
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Air Force Talon .177
HW97 KT .177
HW98 .22
Brocock Concept .22
Artemis PP700S-A Reg. .22
Artemis PP800 Rebel Reg. .22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:23 pm 

Daryl wrote:
At what range?
For the price of 3 Airhawkes, could have bought the AirArms or HW underlevers and had a gun that shoots one little hole for 10 shots with a variety of pellets. Just saying.

Most people bought Airhawks when Walmart was selling them for 99$ with free shipping. So 3 Ruger is under 297$.. 335ish with Tax.

Cheapest Air Arms is 649, And Cheapest HW underlever is 549. Almost double, Just saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:30 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:
At what range?

Most people bought Airhawks when Walmart was selling them for 99$ with free shipping. So 3 Ruger is under 297$.. 335ish with Tax.

Cheapest Air Arms is 649, And Cheapest HW underlever is 549. Almost double, Just saying.

BINGO! 1 for $99. from Walmart, free delivery and one I paid from our gun club swap meet for $30. One I paid a little more off this forum all tuned and a little beefed up with trigger work. As for Gophers that's what my power burners are for. My pellet guns never leave the inside of my house. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:42 pm 

Nice improvement! What is the length of your indoor range?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:51 pm 

Exactly 30 feet upstairs. Wife does not let me do this 20 yards anymore. Don't know what the problem was? I fixed the arrow through the light switch! Only two bedrooms and a bathroom the other side of wall unit. all she had to do is yell if her or a dog was coming out.

Never shot when she was home and three dogs would be outside. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:04 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Wife does not let me do this 20 yards anymore. Don't know what the problem was?

I had the same issue, had a sweet 15yd range in the basement, only a few wild shots when first siting in a new scope...easily poly-filled, but she shut me down. :(

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:22 pm 

Dang! Yeah, wives tend to be picky about things like that =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:02 am 

In vacation out of town for a whole week already.... Miss my guns so much....

I will definitely try this trick when I get back home!

Talking about wives... When we packing up for the trip, my wife blamed me 'look at those bags, I don't know why you bought so many!'... I got three new rifle bags... And I didn't dare to fight back 'they are all filled '.... :(

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:32 am 

My wife is pretty good. I told her about the Crosman 2100, And how I only paid 90$ shipped for a brand new full power. So less tax and shipping. Shes was like wow really good deal.

I seen a pistol I always wanted ( old rare model, don't make them anymore ) But I really didn't have the funds. Well I did, But Didn't. I was waiting for another gun to sell, to fund another one. And I normally buy and wait till I sell something to pay that off. But lately I haven't been doing well and try to avoid doing that. She was like, got the money? I said well I got the window fund. I was waiting for this gun to sell to fund one.

She was like buy it, and when the other pistol sell, just put the money back. So I pulled the plug and bought it, 20mins later my other one sells.

I really cannot complain about my wife.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:44 am 
Supporting Member 2009

wheeliehd wrote:
Wife does not let me do this 20 yards anymore. Don't know what the problem was?

I think you're doing OK. If she allows a tool box in the kitchen, you've got yourself a keeper.