Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Return to shooting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:42 pm 

Hello,
Looks like this is great forum to learn all I don't know about airguns.
I'm just passed the half century mark and have recently received my RPAL, to replace my old 1990's FAC that expired back then (a few CT staffers back in the 80s recommended getting the FAC just in case...) when I was buying ammo for my air gun.
I have purchased a few combustion type guns and looked into my old Powermaster 760 pellet gun for it's specs, as it now needs new seals and such after neglect . The 760 had zero pressure after several pumping attempts, but after sitting a few days it was generating a little pressure as I was about to take the connecting rod assembly out for some pics to help someone try to get an idea of what generation it is even though it wasn't factory anymore. I had the connecting rod replaced with an aluminium one, during a machining course I was taking at the time, of the same dimensions, as the plastic one must have been cracked or something so that part wasn't much help.
While I wait to order parts and repair the old 760. I did find that the specs on the early 80s 760 Powermaster looked pretty good fps wise for the time according to the manual pdf(s) online from Crosman US. In the mean time, some how I got a vision in memory of where the manual was for my gun and dug it out. That's when the realisation that Canadian Crosman had lower specs for velocity.
Once I started to browse for info on that gun I got bitten to try some newer air guns.
I just ordered a Benjamin Titan NP Rifle in .22, on sale at Cabela's and am looking at a Trail NP2 Rifle in .177.
Searching information on these guns brought me to this forum, and some initial searching on the Trail in the forum brought me to a mods post that talked reams of pressure mods and things to look at in that vein.
Now that I know, that I don't know anything....I have questions :rolleyes: :tonqe:

Post subject: Re: Return to shooting
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:44 pm 

Welcome! Great forum to learn on!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:25 pm 

Yes - welcome, Scarb67.

It would be nice for you to edit your profile
and put in a general location. This not only helps
with getting help if needed but also with comradery
with forum members in your area.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:37 pm 

Thank you! I'm already getting some friendly and helpful information from the folks here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 am 

Welcome to the forum, xxxxxxx.
Thanks for joining us; we look forward to your participation.
If you haven't already done so, please read and keep in mind the rules of this forum.
You'll find them here: https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/forum34.html

Enjoy your membership.
Murray.

Also, please read :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: topic80653.html