Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: My favorite gun
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:09 pm 

This is my favorite gun, a Beretta 92s.

This is a surplus gun, came to $645 with the taxes from BullsEyeLondon based in London, Ontario. The shipping was free since it cost over $200 and even though it was just regular Canada Post expedited, it came to me in just a few days since London is only 2 hours away.

They have good customer service to, as I bought this around Christmas time (2016), but they messaged me saying they forgot the christmas discount and said I could either get a $28 check or a second mag. I was already going to buy a second mag, so I told them just to give me a second mag.

I like it. I don't know how accurate it is, because I suck with accuracy with handguns, but it is certainly fun to shoot, and chambered in 9mm it uses the most inexpensive centre-fire caliber there is. Plus I like it's aesthetic all black, and curvy, and designed, also it's nice a beefy and fills my large hand nicely.

Very proud to have one. It's also the most expensive gun I've ever bought, but it was worth it, the cream of my "Stockpile" :twisted: .

I've considered getting it cerakoted many times, but have always ended up buying something else. However being that it is my favorite, and that it's has already developed surface rust I had to be very careful to remove without causing much damage to the mental, and that my birthday is coming up end of February, may just get the cerkatoing done as a birthday gift to myself.

I really hope this proposed liberal "handgun ban" doesn't become a reality, because if so, I can say good bye to this, and my other Beretta Model 74 (.22LR).

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

Last edited by Twiggy on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My favorite gun
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:21 pm 

Mines my CZ 75 SP01. If only I drank the kool aid years ago. I would have saves 1000s in buying guns, trying to find that right one. And I probably had over 40 handguns.

Then my gold Browning Buckmark. Because who doesn't like a golden gun?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:11 pm 

I’m a CZ guy myself when come semi pistols. The shadow2 is by far the most amazing pistol right out of the box, very impressive tweek of the John mosses browning design. I was a 1911 fan till I shot the shadow2.

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm 

Yeah my CZ SP01 gets mistaken for a Shadow all the time. Looks like one, even thought it's not. Won me 3rd place at the PPC provincials. I would really like a CZ TS, but I need min 3.5# trigger.

I just replaced the night sights, with a fiber front and CZ Defender rear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:29 pm 

Attachment:
9251C.jpg
9251C.jpg [ 454.5 KiB | Viewed 1551 times ]

Here mine is 9MM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:57 pm 

FRANK wrote:
Attachment:
9251C.jpg

Here mine is 9MM

I had a Alfa, 6" 9mm Classic. I found the grips a little short. I installed the #9 stipple wood grips and made it a comfy gun. Does yours have a couple sticky chambers? I had 2 chambers with mind, that were tighter than the rest. That caused some issues.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:33 am 

Has anyone had any issues with the 9mm revolvers? I’ve wanted one but I worry the moon clips will vary in thickness causing primer strike issues due to varying headspace.

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 am 

Knappr wrote:
Has anyone had any issues with the 9mm revolvers? I’ve wanted one but I worry the moon clips will vary in thickness causing primer strike issues due to varying headspace.

I never had primer strike issues. I ran the factory moonclips that came with, and 2 aftermarket. The best moon clips I found were the TK customs. Held the cases better and didnt flop around much. Made for fast speed loading. The only issue I had with mine, were 2 chambers were tighter, and as the shooting went on, It would stick, forcing hard insertions. Not a problem if you are not competing.

Now I wasn't the only other person that complained about tight chambers. I shot PPC with another guy, that sold his for the same reason. Tried to compete with it, He go to inset a 6 round moon clip, and it wouldn't go in all the way.

I used to have videos.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:11 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Mines my CZ 75 SP01. If only I drank the kool aid years ago. I would have saves 1000s in buying guns, trying to find that right one. And I probably had over 40 handguns.

Then my gold Browning Buckmark. Because who doesn't like a golden gun?

cz75 are simply the best eh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 am 

walther wrote:
cz75 are simply the best eh

Well when I first got into shooting. Dad bought a CZ75. I thought it was odd, wasn't cool enough ( I was like 16 ) He sold it and been with Glocks since. I down the road, had a South African friend that swore about the CZ 97B ( 45 ACP ) while I liked it, it was just too big for my hand. I seen the SP01 and again, wasn't cool enough ( because the round hammer ) Had to have that P skeleton hammer or something cooler.

Fast forward to a couple years ago.

I wanted a Non 1911, hammer fired pistol. Was only between the BHP, Grand Power K100 and the CZ SP01. I had many BHPs and used them in the army and just not really a competition pistol. So crossed that off the list. Plus with Browning/FN not making them, they are slowly going to be obsolete. Grand Power, I got left with a ugly taste in my mouth with customer service. So only thing left was CZ. I figured I try them. Bought a used SP01 with a comp hammer and the thin grips. Well someone botched the hammer and used under sized pins that locked up. While I liked the 2.5# trigger it needed to be heavier. I went with the stock hammer, and sold the guide rod and hammer. So now that 700$ pistol was under 600.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:05 pm 

This is my favourite.
Model 29 - was 6" as new in about 1981 or 2, but I shortened it and re-registered it as 4" - THEN 4" were declared prohibited - oh well.
It's still my favourite handgun, although I do like this one as well.

Attachments:
English Holster Pistol .54 1.JPG
English Holster Pistol .54 1.JPG [ 95.79 KiB | Viewed 1487 times ]
IMG_2825.JPG
IMG_2825.JPG [ 134.82 KiB | Viewed 1488 times ]
IMG_2824.JPG
IMG_2824.JPG [ 138.06 KiB | Viewed 1488 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:45 pm 

I really like shooting this one as well. 1950's I think, Colt Police Positive in .38 SPL.

Attachments:
ColtPolicePositive002-Copy_zpsa6ac12ca.jpg
ColtPolicePositive002-Copy_zpsa6ac12ca.jpg [ 107.7 KiB | Viewed 1454 times ]
ColtPolicePositive001_zps287bb7b8.jpg
ColtPolicePositive001_zps287bb7b8.jpg [ 96.89 KiB | Viewed 1454 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 am 

Between my 9mm and 38SP... I have found that I have slowly shifted towards wheel guns :P
My GP100 by far is the most enjoyable to shoot right now. 9mm(s) have been idle for 2 seasons now.

As always I enjoy rotating my pistols at Speed Steel matches whenever I can.
My first handgun was the venerable Beretta 92FS and its a keeper.
She's not the best girl in the bunch, but a homely one to handle.
It fits so well in my hands, recoil is a different matter thou :?
The CZ SP01 is my race gun if I dare call it one... crisp trigger and fast target lock.
G34 is on my wish list.

-MM

MOLON LABE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:10 am 

MetalMouse wrote:
Between my 9mm and 38SP... I have found that I have slowly shifted towards wheel guns :P
My GP100 by far is the most enjoyable to shoot right now. 9mm(s) have been idle for 2 seasons now.

As always I enjoy rotating my pistols at Speed Steel matches whenever I can.
My first handgun was the venerable Beretta 92FS and its a keeper.
She's not the best girl in the bunch, but a homely one to handle.
It fits so well in my hands, recoil is a different matter thou :?
The CZ SP01 is my race gun if I dare call it one... crisp trigger and fast target lock.
G34 is on my wish list.

-MM

MOLON LABE

Glock 34s are nice, I owned 2. I sold my Glock 34 MOS, and picked up my CZ Sp01. Though I may back track and get another. My eyes are not getting better. So something with a reddot may be in the future. Just started to have issues shooting outside now, before it was just inside.