Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Well, just heard from Travis at airgunsource.ca that they checked the gun with a chrony and it's shooting over 500fps even with 8.4gr pellets, so definitely a PAL rated gun. Oshoot and/or the firearms program was correct in their rating.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I guess I owe O Shoot an apology. Still won't do any business with him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:31 pm 

8.4 grain pellets??

I thought we were talking about the Umarex BB rifle that shoots 5.1 grain Steel BBs??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm 

Right, just relaying what he said. I've asked him to clarify.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:37 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
8.4 grain pellets??

I thought we were talking about the Umarex BB rifle that shoots 5.1 grain Steel BBs??

Umarex Legends Cowboy. Can shoot pellets. Just need to use the pellet shells.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:40 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
8.4 grain pellets??

Why would they try pellets in a BB rifle?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:45 pm 

wllm995 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wllm995 wrote:
8.4 grain pellets??

Why would they try pellets in a BB rifle?

Well the review I read, they tested it with BOTH, pellets and BB's. So it's not just a BB rifle. And plenty of guns shoot both dual ammo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:02 pm 

Well, if it can do pellets than they have to see how it shoots with pellets as well.

I always gave David the benefit of the doubt, as I don't think a business owner would want to screw their own community, because that'd just be extremely bad for business.

If it's PAL rated, it's PAL rated.

I do however wonder why there seems to be so much interest in this rifle? I mean it's a BB gun, do you really want to treat a BB gun the same way you have to treat a "real" rifle (storage wise, transportation wise, and use wise)? It just seems silly to me.

Or can you still shoot PAL rated air guns inside/on your property? I doubt you can though, as the lowest PAL classification is NR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
Well, if it can do pellets than they have to see how it shoots with pellets as well.

I always gave David the benefit of the doubt, as I don't think a business owner would want to screw their own community, because that'd just be extremely bad for business.

I do however wonder why there seems to be so much interest in this rifle? I mean it's a BB gun, do you really want to treat a BB gun the same way you have to treat a "real" rifle (storage wise, transportation wise, and use wise)? It just seems silly to me.

Or can you still shoot PAL rated air guns inside/on your property? I doubt you can though, as the lowest PAL classification is NR.

Plenty of business screw over people or hobbies. Google TSE and the Swiss arm rifle. 12 years in Canada as NR, and they been prohibited once, saved by the Conservatives, and now on the list to prohibited again. All because JR, felt the need to.

Anyhoo...

If someone was more professional, Bring facts. And rather then IM THIS AND IM THAT AND I SAY ITS THIS... Maybe things would be better for him here. He brought it on himself with his attitude and conduct. Any dealer that pubically calls someone an idiot or moron. Well isn't fit to deal with customers. Ever wonder why nobody recommends or suggest to goto him?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:13 pm 

Twiggy wrote:

Depends how your local bylaw is written and how it reads. We fought and added "for hunting" in our bylaw. So if you are not hunting all is good but I would not fire cracking guns in my yard.

Oh but certainly not pal rated guns in the house. :mrgreen: Only at the gun club I do. :lol:

Last edited by wheeliehd on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Twiggy wrote:

Depends how your local bylaw is written and how it reads. We fought and added "for hunting" in our bylaw. So if you are not hunting all is good but I would not fire cracking guns in my yard.

I could technically shoot in my back yard.. No by laws for my town. stating I cannot. But NS made the whole province a wildlife habitat. So technically you cannot shoot in your back yard even in the middle of nowheres. They said they did that to prevent poaching.

So technically over 500 FPS airguns would be the same. BS I say. Nor does anyone actually follows it. You really have to piss someone off, or an officer. For them to go after you shooting airguns in the back yard.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:49 pm 

Ah okay.

I remember a long time ago when I asked somewhere else how to build a backstop for .22LR guns, I was told I'd need to build a CFO approved range, which would require a berm, and that's just not feasible for me, so I dumped the idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Well, just heard from Travis at airgunsource.ca that they checked the gun with a chrony and it's shooting over 500fps even with 8.4gr pellets, so definitely a PAL rated gun. Oshoot and/or the firearms program was correct in their rating.

AFTER it was tested and verified; how in the heck did Oshoot possibly know that it would shoot at such a high velocity??

:?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:16 pm 

canadashootingsupply reports the same result. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: topic81619.html

Although the last question is interesting, it is also belabouring the issue.
So, I'm going to wrap this up. Please remember:

• This issue is now dead. finished. kaput.
• Use the buyer/seller feedback section for any further transaction issues.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3