Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:00 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
Just a thought to think about. Bugbusters are small scopes. I could not run them on a full size rifle stock like an Airhawk as they would sit to far ahead for me to be comfortable but are perfect for my little short 177 Grizzly Razor in the back room. Don't know the length of your gun.

He could get a offset mount. Pushing it back. Its what I gotta do on the PP700SA with the stock.

And their is another week gone. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:03 pm 

Well.

I just bought it like ten minutes ago, because I got my GST tax credit yesterday which I wasn't expecting, and it covers more than the scope costed, so whatever.

If needed, I will get an off-set mount, but I hope it'll be fine on it's own.

Can I ask how tall you are, wheelie? I'm pretty tall I believe 6'4 but I wasn't professionally measured because I'm taller than what the scale at the doctors goes up to.

I don't know if things like height and arm length would also play in to seeing properly into a scope?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:05 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
Well.

I just bought it like ten minutes ago, because I got my GST tax credit yesterday which I wasn't expecting, and it covers more than the scope costed, so whatever.

Can I ask how tall you are, wheelie? I'm pretty tall I believe 6'4 but I wasn't professionally measured because I'm taller than what the scale at the doctors goes up to.

I don't know if things like height and arm length would also play in to seeing properly into a scope?

Drivers licence says 6 feet. I shrunk and am now 5 foot ten inchs. Gravity pulling me down over the years. HMMMM getting old sucks. :lol:

Last edited by wheeliehd on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:07 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
Well.

I wish I got a GST tax credit. I owe 2-4K per year.

Yes it's called length of pull. Taller people normally need a longer stock to shoot comfy. Which will mess up the eye relief, forcing you to push your head in more, or pushing the scope out further to compensate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:12 pm 

Ah, ok.

Well I am clearly on the taller side even for an adult male, but the new rifle feels perfectly fine in my hands and I have no problem shooting it.

That said, with the Red Ryder it does feel a little awkward and it takes some time to get the front and back sights aligned right. The Red Ryder is rather short of course, so that makes sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:18 am 

Ive been using the ohunt bugbuster 3-9x32 from wes its excellent and just as good as my utg bugbuster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 am 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
Just a thought to think about. Bugbusters are small scopes. I could not run them on a full size rifle stock like an Airhawk as they would sit to far ahead for me to be comfortable but are perfect for my little short 177 Grizzly Razor in the back room. Don't know the length of your gun.

He could get a offset mount. Pushing it back. Its what I gotta do on the PP700SA with the stock.

I have the PP700SA with the OH 3-9 .I turn the power rating down to 3 for close shots[wider view],also went with high mounts so i can also utilize the iron sights.I tried the red dot.Got it from Wes.Took it back & exchanged for the scope..Wes is such a great guy...Brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 pm 

I have not been able to shoot tighter than about 5/8" for 5 shots at 20 yards with the red-dot sights
on my handguns. Not sure if a scope would help at that range - possibly, though.