Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 am 

Did not have the ability of internet back when your age. Was not invented yet so we were suppose to get the talk from Mom. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Fifty nine years old and I am still waiting for that sex talk from my mom. Should have it soon I would think? :oops: :?

I read a lot of post on this forum and well :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am 

Ah,.. the internet. Pandoras box is opened.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am 

Twiggy wrote:
Eh,

I wasn't agitated because of helping dad, I mean I did get annoyed, but so did dad because of things not going well. That wasn't the problem. Should've been more accurate.

I was agitated because of a conflict involving a sibling, so was dad, and even mom, not gonna go much into it here, but this much older (about 12 years) sibling has been causing problems for a decade. I don't understand how dad still tolerates that sibling in his home with behavior like his over such a long period of time, and he's perfectly physically,mentally, and developmentally able so there's no reason for not just kicking him out for such extremely poor behavior, but it's probably mom stopping dad from doing that.

Still, I did most of the things I planned to do today, and didn't waste nearly as much time on Facebook and YouTube. I will definitely be keeping this up. I clearly have more than enough time, I just need to actually make good use of it.

Ever hear, his house, his rules? But siblings fight, that nature.

Twiggy wrote:
Not to get too personal, but I actually have been making progress the last few years for myself.

It wasn't until I was close to 21 that I ever had a job.

I have had a few jobs, one which I worked 35 hours a week at, until I left it because the job changed into something I could no longer handle, and so I looked for another, a couple didn't work out, one I have now I have no issue with, not many hours, but it's still better than nothing for now. It's a 1 year contract so when it comes to the last couple months, I will be looking for another job, still part-time but more hours for sure.

Ironically, I didn't really feel any crunch about time when I was doing 35 a week, so as I have determined, it's not the amount of time I have that is the issue, but rather my issues with going from thinking about something, to then actually doing it.

The extra bit over $500 dollars I make a month usually (not counting holiday pay, etc) really adds nicely on top of my ODSP, considering the deduction I get from my ODSP is less than $100, so it still makes sense to even work this job, than no job.

I had to use the help of employment agencies that work with disabled people (like myself) to find me employment, because when I did on my own, nothing came of it.

I would like to politely ask that as a sign of respect, that people don't just assume people's family situation, or life situation, because you never know what it might be, and how it might be very different for them, than it was/is for you.

Still have a ways to go before I reach my final goal, which is of course to be completely independent and all that, but I am making progress and am happy to even be where I am, and I am glad that my specific disability is not so severe that I will never be able to be completely independent, but it's just going to take some time.

If you put your life on the internet. Expect it to be criticize. if you don't want it to be..? Then don't. Plenty of people with disabilities work, without excuses. But seems like your life priorities, are not really there.

Most of the people here been working for longer than you been a live. And no offense. When you keep trying to explain yourself. Your just sounding like the new generation of lazy youth.

Yes I'm retired, I was forced to take an early retirement. I personally hate it. The government isn't letting me go back to work on my pace, or ease into it. Its all or nothing. But I wouldn't complain about having no time to complete what I want to do. When it only you. That can control that.

My Wife is going on Medical EI, only because she be off work for a month to recover. Had surgery last night. I bring in enough to support both of us, but its been financially/emotionally hard on me. Since she been in pain for almost 2 month prior so she been missing work. But now I know how my parents felt.

Kevin, I really think you need to take a pen and paper, write your thoughts down, and really think... Should I disclose this on the internet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 am 

The internet just like all tech is neither good nor bad, it all depends what it’s used for.

I remember in a grade 4 English class, I wrote an opinion piece defending tv because you can watch the news, documentaries, educational programs, the history channel, discovery channel, etc.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:59 am 

Your right lead,

I shouldn’t my bad. Random internet people do not have any business commenting on my personal life, so, I shouldn’t share it too much. Only I and my family truly know all the details to judge. I shouldn’t give others the opportunity to.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

Last edited by Twiggy on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am 

Twiggy wrote:
The internet just like all tech is neither good nor bad, it all depends what it’s used for.

It's both and is used to influence and sway opinion. There is factual information but due diligence is required to extract credibility and accuracy.

Twiggy wrote:
I remember in a grade 4 English class, I wrote an opinion piece defending tv because you can watch the news, documentaries, educational programs, the history channel, discovery channel, etc.

No different than the internet, just less interactive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm 

You have a point there, knowing how to properly evaluate sources is of paramount importance importance.

However there are a lot of educational YouTube channels that I watch like “today I found out” for example.

This forum for example is another good thing, lots of good air gun related info here, and the ability to ask if you can’t find what you are looking for.

I remember when I was in a youth theatre group as a tenn the director said we could use our phones to look at cat videos, or to help us with our play.

That’s why I think it’s uses that can be good or bad, not tech itself. That said entertsibment isn’t bad per say, it’s only bad when done in excess at cost of work, practice, learning, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:56 am 

It's not always that easy to have everything under control. I really struggled the last year, trying to save some money for house renovation. Luckily I managed to find a good service for ceilings, but these searchings take a lot of time, and I don't always feel like I'm really 'my own god'...