Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: does anyone know?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:53 pm 

I have two Daisy powerline 1101WS one shoots just fine mounted scope and only a few clicks to bang on. However the other one shot so far to right my scope ran out of adjustment trying to bring it back. iron site has to be almost all the way to the left to hit anything with it. Groups very well like this. I tried to see what is wrong with it but can't find anything. Maybe barrel is slightly bent or miss a lined in stock. :?: Have any of you had these issues and if so what can be done please and thanks. :ANAL:

Post subject: Re: does anyone know?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 pm 

The bl. is bent or in crooked in action - both possibilities.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm 

If the poi is out with both scope and open sights, but both group in the same spot, then something strange is going on, Since the rear sights and front sights are on the barrel, I think is the barrel is bent or curved. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm 

Thanks guys can the barrel be changed or fixed keeping in mind i only paid 100 Canadian for gun? also could it be a bad crown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:48 pm 

Bad crown would more likely produce flyers or random poi. Assuming the lock up is tight, try putting a straight edge along the barrel and see if there is a bend. if so, give 'er a straighten.. don't over do it though, easy as she goes a bit at a time.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:55 pm 

Yes - bad crown usually means scattered shots and sometimes keyholes, at least with bullets.

When straightening a barrel, or bending to achieve in-line ball flight as with smoothbore ml guns, care must be taken to not kink the barrel.
I suspect air gun barrels are much softer than Powder Burning barrels or ML's for tat matter, so much care must be taken.
here is a ML barrel being bent to achieve poi with the desired sight picture.
This was not enough to bend the barrel permanently and more drastic measures, higher blocks, were needed on each end. Note, this is not a low quality air gun bl.
Pictured for interest only. Incidentally, bending barrels to get them to shoot in line with the bore, is a normal necessity for some muzzle loading barrels.
Note the bend in the bench's lower surface as well.

Attachments:
100_1730_zpsyolyc4so.jpg
100_1730_zpsyolyc4so.jpg [ 130.82 KiB | Viewed 1244 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:06 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
Bad crown would more likely produce flyers or random poi. Assuming the lock up is tight, try putting a straight edge along the barrel and see if there is a bend. if so, give 'er a straighten.. don't over do it though, easy as she goes a bit at a time.

Thanks buddy i'll give the barrel straightening a try when weather warms up. My thoughts on crown are same as yours, was nice to have you confirm it though thanks. :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:13 am 

Daryl wrote:
Yes - bad crown usually means scattered shots and sometimes keyholes, at least with bullets.

When straightening a barrel, or bending to achieve in-line ball flight as with smoothbore ml guns, care must be taken to not kink the barrel.
I suspect air gun barrels are much softer than Powder Burning barrels or ML's for tat matter, so much care must be taken.
here is a ML barrel being bent to achieve poi with the desired sight picture.
This was not enough to bend the barrel permanently and more drastic measures, higher blocks, were needed on each end. Note, this is not a low quality air gun bl.
Pictured for interest only. Incidentally, bending barrels to get them to shoot in line with the bore, is a normal necessity for some muzzle loading barrels.
Note the bend in the bench's lower surface as well.

Thanks for your reply most helpful seeing photos. I plan on doing just what you showed me here thanks. will let you know how it goes in the spring when the weather is warmer and i have the time to tinker. thanks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:19 am 

Did you check the barrel pivot screw? It's a break barrel right? I found that if you're a righty that you, will pull the barrel to the left cocking it. And if the screw it any bit loose, will start wearing the left side bushing/spacer..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:46 am 

I had a pistol doing that. I stuck a rod in the barrel and bent it back little at a time. Shooting bang on every time now with the sights right in the middle. Not a high priced pistol by any means so don't go by me. CHEERS!