Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brun ... -1.4978597

Woman shot by RCMP faces 13 charges, including firing airsoft gun at police

Nova Scotia woman arrested after Dieppe incident appears in court via teleconference

Shane Magee · CBC News · Posted: Jan 15, 2019 11:43 AM AT | Last Updated: 26 minutes ago

A 25-year-old woman from Nova Scotia was arrested at the scene of a single-vehicle crash near the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport on Jan. 5 after allegedly shooting at first responders. (Nicholas Gautreau)

A 25-year-old woman from Nova Scotia faces 13 charges related to a Jan. 5 shooting in Dieppe.

Morgan Maryanne Connors of Windmill Road in Dartmouth appeared in Moncton court via conference call from hospital on Tuesday.

She faces charges that include pointing an airsoft gun at two people, pointing the airsoft gun at RCMP Const. Pierre-Alexandre Roy, possession of brass knuckles, shooting the airsoft gun at Cpl. Stephane Pare-Lemire during her arrest, uttering death threats, dangerous driving, and possession of cannabis for the purpose of trafficking.

Airsoft guns fire plastic or resin pellets and can resemble actual firearms but have less power.

Police said earlier that emergency crews responded to Adélard-Savoie Boulevard, where a single vehicle went off the road into a wooded area around 2:25 p.m. on Jan. 5.

RCMP allege the woman fired at Dieppe firefighters and paramedics who arrived at the crash scene near the Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport. When police arrived, the woman "continued threatening actions," police said in a news release Tuesday.

The investigation began after a woman allegedly fired shots at first responders as they went to her aid after the vehicle left the road on Adélard-Savoie Boulevard in Dieppe. (Guillaume Aubut/Radio Canada)

An RCMP member shot the woman, leaving her with unspecified injuries. The woman remains in hospital.

Mario Cormier, the Crown prosecutor on the case, said the woman has been remanded until Friday for a bail hearing.

Cormier said the woman told the court she had spoken to legal aid.

Two investigations

Two investigations of the incident are underway.

The RCMP New Brunswick major crime unit and Codiac Regional RCMP are carrying out an investigation of the crash.

New Brunswick RCMP requested the Nova Scotia Serious Incident Response Team conduct a review of police actions.

The independent group investigates matters that involve death, serious injury, sexual assault and domestic violence or other issues of significant public interest that may have arisen from the actions of a police officer in Nova Scotia. Sometimes it carries out investigations in other provinces.

Ron Legere with the Serious Incident Response Team told Radio-Canada the investigation is focusing on the Mountie's actions that led to the woman's injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm 

Drug and/or alcohol induced stupidity. What an idiot. Death threats to police?
More prohibitions coming concerning air-soft guns?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:28 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Drug and/or alcohol induced stupidity. What an idiot. Death threats to police?
More prohibitions coming concerning air-soft guns?

What stupid drug dealer carries an airsoft anyways?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:19 pm 

It almost sounds like an attempted suicide by cop. Like she was trying to provoke them into shooting her.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:28 pm 

She must be drunk or drugged... Just stupid... Can't be more stupid...

But why the RCMP need to shoot her as she already used the same airsoft gun shot the firefighters before the cops got there. Every one knows it's not a real gun and the cops could just wear a helmet and take her down without shooting her...

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:45 pm 

YepYep wrote:
She must be drunk or drugged... Just stupid... Can't be more stupid...

But why the RCMP need to shoot her as she already used the same airsoft gun shot the firefighters before the cops got there. Every one knows it's not a real gun and the cops could just wear a helmet and take her down without shooting her...

It's Moncton.. Where 3 police officers were gunned down, and 2 injured, a few years ago. And how do you really know its not a real gun? The quick second you see it, might be your last.

I don't just shoot guns, I also carried one for protection, and for my job. I know the quick thinking you need.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 pm 

I have a couple good propane fired pistols and they let off quit a bang. With the slides you likely could not tell the difference. I only take orange tip spring pistols to my trailer and shoot them on my site. Nabour trailers around me I show them what they are. Made a mistake last summer as I took my lawn chair to a fire and then left with a couple people. When I got back a lady asked me if that was a pistol in my chair pocket. Sits there always and I never even thought about it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 am 

But the news said the woman made a one car accident then fire trucks and ambulance came, and the woman started to use her airsoft gun to shoot the fire fighters and the ambulance until the cops arrived, she started to shoot the cops with the airsoft gun ( the same one?!) until being shot down by a RCMP... I am afraid the officer who shot the woman would face a charge of over usage on the weapon?!

Again, now a days ppl are much sensitive with guns and related items....

I just got back to Toronto from my vacation to the East (China, HK and Thailand). On the last flight about 20 hours ago in HK, from HK to Toronto. As I have a key chain pendant which made by my friend with a copper waste and form as a cone, but looks a bit like a bullet on my daughter's backpack.... This thing caused me more than 30mins in the airport security check as the security officer not just took it away but also called the airport police after asking his boss... And I have to wait there until the police came from the other side of the airport and spent 2 seconds to identify 'oh, that's obviously just a toy'.....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:50 am 

YepYep wrote:
But the news said the woman made a one car accident then fire trucks and ambulance came, and the woman started to use her airsoft gun to shoot the fire fighters and the ambulance until the cops arrived, she started to shoot the cops with the airsoft gun ( the same one?!) until being shot down by a RCMP... I am afraid the officer who shot the woman would face a charge of over usage on the weapon?!

I just got back to Toronto from my vacation to the East (China, HK and Thailand). On the last flight about 20 hours ago in HK, from HK to Toronto. As I have a key chain pendant which made by my friend with a copper waste and form as a cone, but looks a bit like a bullet on my daughter's backpack.... This thing caused me more than 30mins in the airport security check as the security officer not just took it away but also called the airport police after asking his boss... And I have to wait there until the police came from the other side of the airport and spent 2 seconds to identify 'oh, that's obviously just a toy'.....

You point a weapon like object to the police, and get shot. We call it Darwinism.

Uttering death threats isn't good. Brass Knuckles are prohib in Canada. Unfortunately to you that never used a gun for protection, won't understand. She could have put the gun in her jacket and pulled it out, they could have figured it was something else. When looking down a barrel, you don't have much time to react. The time it takes to figure what it is. You're dead. In a town, where a single gunman gunned down 5 police officers, killing 3. I don't blame them for taking no chances.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:02 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

You point a weapon like object to the police, and get shot. We call it Darwinism.

Uttering death threats isn't good. Brass Knuckles are prohib in Canada. Unfortunately to you that never used a gun for protection, won't understand. She could have put the gun in her jacket and pulled it out, they could have figured it was something else. When looking down a barrel, you don't have much time to react. The time it takes to figure what it is. You're dead. In a town, where a single gunman gunned down 5 police officers, killing 3. I don't blame them for taking no chances.

Yeah you can't dodge bullets. You can dodge aim but go play paintball and see how many of those you can dodge to get a better understanding and those go sub 300 fps. Canadian law enforcement policies give the aggressor every opportunity to come out of incident relativity unharmed. If you received the Darwin award most likely you earned it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 am 

But Ken, Go out in the streets and start brandishing your HW40. I bet the same outcome will happen. But you're smart enough to put it down when the police comes. Actually to that story.. NB again, Maybe month and 1/2 ago. Was a robbery and person used a Beeman P17. Then turfed it as the police arrive. The news reporter covering the robbery caught it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. This is why they tell you to do stuff safety, And be smart. Same situation could have happened when you brought your 953 to work. To you it might be only a toy, or a airgun. To the ones responding. It could be their last day.

When I was infantry. Yes Infantry. All a person had to do was start to raise a knife, or a weapon. And I was able to shoot them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:22 pm 

Yeah, you guys are correct ~ Just be smart and avoid the sensitive areas in the mind of the public.

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:17 pm 

She got what was coming. Unfortunately, there will likely be an over-excessive rebound (to protect police from excessive force) due to her using an air-soft gun.
That means more laws on air-powered guns, just as they did in England, or maybe it was only Scotland. Almost like it was planned, playing right into their (GOV'T)
hands.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:35 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:
What stupid drug dealer carries an airsoft anyways?

I was going to come back with a couple of smart rhetorical answer.

But you answered your own question. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:37 pm 

Interesting. A spamming link inserted into a quoted reply. Never saw that one before :roll: .