Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:39 pm 

pelsby wrote:
Cheaper to get your pal !! Then you can have whatever !

Perhaps he does not want to be on "the list". Same reason I have owned rifles for 50 years and everyone at gun club wants me to buy a pistol for 3 gun shoots. I say why do I want on "another list" if I cant hunt with a pistol. I think I should be allowed a pistol if bow hunting bears. Then and only then I would buy a pistol. But I have not been eaten yet. :lol: To each their own. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:32 pm 

Just bought one last weekend, yes, lot's of plastic and definitely underpowered compared to our American version but....
easy to modify and now one of my favorites. Worth the $89.95 I just paid IMO.

Umerex M712
Crosman 1377
Crosman 2240

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:00 pm 

Vintage111 wrote:
Just bought one last weekend, yes, lot's of plastic and definitely underpowered compared to our American version but....
easy to modify and now one of my favorites. Worth the $89.95 I just paid IMO.

Cool. Must be reasonable guns and sell lots. Enough that they came out with the WildFire Semi-Auto PCP for $100 more. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:48 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
Thanks for the input. My conclusion is that a 1077 is a waste of time and effort.

Correct conclusion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm 

I must disagree. I found the 1077 is be reasonable airgun for it's intended purpose.

It isn't intended to be a high end target rifle. It is intended to be an entry-mid level CO2 multi shot pellet plinker. Just remember, when it first came out, there were very few multi shot pellet repeating rifles.

It shoots nice on my range. I use it mostly in conjunction with a moving pellet target setup (trap) I got at Princess Auto. I find it shoots fairly accurately. If I'm in the zone, I can hit the 1.5 inch moving targets, set at the highest speed, 8 or 9 times out of 10 at 24 ft. (rested).

I got it on sale at Cdn Tire. Came in kit with four 12 shot clips and shooting glasses. Paid a little less than you did, but it was a couple of years ago. The 4 - 12 shot clips are the perfect number for it, as you will find that you will get around 50 good shots per CO2.

I have added a wood stock on mine. It is easy to install, just 3 or 4 screws. Looks real nice with the wood. I see CSS now sells the wood stock. Unfortunately, price of the wood stock is almost as much as the rifle, when on sale. So if you have a PAL, maybe go for the wood stock version if you want real wood.

And yes the >500 version is a little underpowered and not really good for hunting anything, but that can be said for any sub 500 air rifle. To me, complain about the lack of power on a sub 500 airgun, is like complain about the lack of acceleration on a Hyundai Pony.

Most real shooters consider all airguns to be "kids toys", so saying it is just 1.5 times more than a toy is silly.

If you want more power, get the PAL version which I understand shoots realistically at around 650 fps or the PCP version (Benjamin Wildfire) which shoots even higher. If you want even more power, get a real Ruger 1022.

This gun has stood the test of time. Crosman has sold it for many years. And created a PCP version of it. Canadian Tire uses it as a loss-leader to get people into the store to buy CO2, pellets, and other things.

Crosman is a reputable company and has a one year warranty. Most Cdn. Tire stores (each is individually owned) are reasonable merchants. Both will help you if you bought a defective airgun.