Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:15 pm 

Bulk fill CO2?
I know there are aftermarket fittings for this, but wondering what it would take to make my own conversion to HPA?

What mechanism does the standard 12g CO2 cartridge get pierced ? is it like a CO2 pistol with a seal at the neck of the cartridge, or is the CO2 pierced like in a QB78?

Can you just pressurize the air tube like a QB78?

I am thinking of a mod to attch a regulated 13 cuin 800 psi regulated HPA tank.

Thanks..

Also, anyone have a 1077W wood stock for sale?
I dont like synthetic stocks...
:drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:49 pm 

Hi Duke,

There's this adapter, which they say you can use with a paintball bottle too. If you'll use a 850 psi regulated bottle, I guess it could be a clean way to convert your 1077.

http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/1077 ... -fill.html

If I remember well, there's a seal on the face of the valve like on a 2240, and the 12 gr. cartridge is pierced the same way, but don't take my word on that. Also, google ''1077 valve'' and you'll find a bunch of very detailed videos on the subject. HTH :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:56 pm 

Yep, I have seen that one, but pricey.
GMAC also sells the adapter below, which is probably how I would go.
Does anyone have one and can measure the dimensions at the seal end as shown?
Tolerance may be difficult to know, and if worse comes to worst I can measure a CO2 Cart.

Attachments:
gmac2.JPG
gmac2.JPG [ 55.5 KiB | Viewed 1105 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 pm 

I've measured a Crosman 12 grams cartrige end seal at 0.293'' in diameter, and it may well be a nominal 7.5 mm, which is 0.2952''. Unfortunately I don't have more pertinent infos.