Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 pm 

Pickups were cancelled by Canada Post Second day in a row. Had to drop them off at the Post office but they won't even pickup from there due to these cancellations.

Yesterday was understandable but I do not think it was that bad of a day to drive today. UPS picked up even yesterday in middle of the blizzard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:01 pm 

NS power meter person, was driving around today.

Thanks for letting us know.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:52 pm 

Out west, Canada Post only delivered mail to my home only two days over past two weeks. Got a weeks worth of mail last Thursday for 1st time in 4 days. Yet UPS & other couriers were delivering daily.

Although most people that work for Canada Post try very hard, there seems to be some mail carriers that are much quicker to complain about cutbacks, than they are to actually deliver the mail.

I feel sorry for businesses that rely on a reliable mail system.

Note to Canada Post. This is Canada, maybe you should figure out how to operate in winter conditions. The other delivery companies have.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:50 pm 

I slowly faded Canada Post out of our expeditions. We shipped daily and slowly went with a broker and Canada Post was more expensive everytime.
Sometimes they would be around even but CP was 3 or 4 days where the broker was next day! At best on very few occasions they were cheaper by maybe 1.50$ but again it would be 4 to 5 days were the broker was next day. So I went to the head honcho at work and he agreed with me, we can afford to make 1.50$ less so the client has it the next day instead of next week.
Most of the time we ship using Purolator, not only are they cheaper and faster they actually deliver when they said they would! That was another big downer from CP, they said 2 or 3 business days and it would end up being 4 business day, it sucked.
Loomis is good for the bigger stuff, they don't care and often the driver forgets to have the client sign.
UPS is crap, all the time, for everything. More expensive, more damaged stuff, more problems, more claims. We have overnight stuff from UPS all the time and it's always late, we pay a FORTUNE to have stuff overnighted to us and we have to call in, wait for 45 minutes on the phones, argue to fonally have the shipping costs credited on our account. I hate them.
DHL is hit or miss. Some stuff goes A1 but other times... not so much. They screwed 3 packages last month. One they didn't bother contacting me and decided to returned me the package, so it doubled my shipping cost for said item. They lost the customs paperwork on another package, so I sent it back to them when it got stuck at their Cincinatti hub, but they managed to lose it again when it got to their Miami hub, so I had to send it back and when it got to south america they had managed to lose the paperwork a third time! I had to fight them so they wouldn't return it to me! That package was finally delivered today, it was supposed to be delivered on the 5th.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 am 

Thanks for sharing. Purolator is a branch of Canada post isn't it?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 am 

I realize they are independent of each other.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:15 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Purolator is a branch of Canada post isn't it?

Separate company, but 91% owned by Canada Post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:22 pm 

Last I heard, Purolator was the ONLY Federally licensed Black Powder Carrier in Canada
& last I heard, they refuse to ship BP due to Federally mandated 'trucking' rules for the
shipping of Class "A" Explosives.

Air Force Condor .25
Umarex Gauntlet .22
Air Force Talon .177
HW97 KT .177
HW98 .22
Brocock Concept .22
Artemis PP700S-A Reg. .22
Artemis PP800 Rebel Reg. .22