Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Cheap Pellet traps
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:55 am 

I use those Rem traps for when I do chrony work. They're small and portable. Still like my larger Champion one better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 am 

I just ordered 2. with shipping and taxes came to $26.96. so works out to about $13.50 each. I would have saved a few bucks if they would have had them in the store yesterday. the woman said online ordering does not give you the option to have items shipped to the store so you can pick them up and save the shipping. but it,s supposed to be coming soon. I think $13.50 bucks one is still a pretty good deal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:41 pm 

Ended up buying seven of the Remington traps. Got the last two knockdown ducks from PA this morning for $19.99 each regular $49.99. Been shooting mine for over a year now and no reason to believe it needs replacing anytime soon. But spares are good. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:14 pm 

I was looking at princess auto website and saw that they had 3 of these Remington pellet traps left online. they were priced at only $3.21 each. I already have 3 but for that price I scooped them up fast. with shipping and taxes they came to approx. $7.00 each. I like them and they work pretty good. website said these were the last 3.

Attachments:
1000x1000.jpg
1000x1000.jpg [ 104.89 KiB | Viewed 2767 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:53 pm 

Very nice! That's what I ended up with 7. Four in use. and three still in boxes and I gave an 8th one away. Corel Photo Paint I have templates with 30 different targets for printing off for them. They work very well. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:33 am 

princess auto e-mailed me back. there was a inventory mistake and they only had 2 left instead of 3-- I was devastated and cried for a week because now I will only have 5 instead of 6. no problem.when I make my diy shoot and see targets I use cereal cardboard boxes cut to the target size for backing and then cover stock paper in front of that is the shoot and see part. with 5 of these that's a lot of paper and cardboard cutting. I was thinking maybe a cheap paper cutter would be faster.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:00 am 

Pretty pleased with the bigger "Champion Bullet Trap" I received yesterday. Have to shorten up my distance when snow on the roof and this way I can still shoot some higher power airguns. Trap holds full size computer paper. I took a popcan/beer flat cardboard and folded one end under bar and snapped bar down witch locks it in perfectly. Then clip Target on. Everytime I went to buy one they were sold out. Seen one on Amazon Monday so I scooped it up. So glad I did. Think it was $105. Money well spent. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:05 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Pretty pleased with the bigger "Champion Bullet Trap" I received yesterday. Have to shorten up my distance when snow on the roof and this way I can still shoot some higher power airguns. Trap holds full size computer paper. I took a popcan/beer flat cardboard and folded one end under bar and snapped bar down witch locks it in perfectly. Then clip Target on. Everytime I went to buy one they were sold out. Seen one on Amazon Monday so I scooped it up. So glad I did. Think it was $105. Money well spent. CHEERS!

Yeah I seen one on clearance years ago, and had to buy one. Was only 50$ for me, and I don't need to worry about will it stop? or upgrading in the future as the collection grows.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:54 pm 

Ohh, Champion Bullet trap was really amazing. i had it back then and I do agree that it was really amazing to have. Yep, that was worth it for a price of $105. That was a great steal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 am 

One could try and salvage an old DELL desktop computer tower (DELL has thick, i mean... THICK sides on some model, rounded-ish ones anyways)

Remove the non opening side (drill out aluminium rivets basically) and remove it's center bracing which, again, is made from thick stock bent in a u-beam fashion, creating support lenghtwise.

Decide weather you want style or function/portability... then remove mobile side and center bracket.

Do whatever joy you need as far as angling thoses into the now skeletonized and empty computer case...

Try your imagination at some things people havn't done before or create a SUPER FARTY PARTY TRAPY SHINY for thoses events where you just can't get enough of plinking your life away! (best enjoyed with very limited moderation)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 pm 

Made mine out an old furnace fan housing. Had to double up the back curve after removing the dimples my under 500fps rifles made. The pellets hit the back wall and roll to the bottom. Pellets not bb’s. Target area is about 8” by 9”. My “range” is a full 10 meters. When I can’t hit inside that, I’ll quit. I’ll be 81 in February and don’t plan on quitting soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 am 

Wiley wrote:
Made mine out an old furnace fan housing. Had to double up the back curve after removing the dimples my under 500fps rifles made. The pellets hit the back wall and roll to the bottom. Pellets not bb’s. Target area is about 8” by 9”. My “range” is a full 10 meters. When I can’t hit inside that, I’ll quit. I’ll be 81 in February and don’t plan on quitting soon.

Welcome to the forum. :)

That is different, very cool though, just different. I save all big solid furnace doors and they are my final backstops in my house. I also use the steel to line allot of my self contained traps so I can shoot high FPS guns at them. I am in the heating business.

But if you can do yourself a favor and spend $100 and get a champion bullet trap from Amazon. Take full 8 1/2 X 11 pieces of paper and I glue them to cardboard that covers the whole front and nothing escapes the trap.

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:12 pm 

I made my own pellet trap: 12x16x12 box made of rough pine. Inside I hung curtains of about six layers of rubber roofing (similar to inner tube rubber). Anything that bounces back, hits the curtain and drops to the bottom. I hang target sheets on the front. It is quiet and works well for me.