Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:35 pm 

Hey everyone,

I have around 50 pcs coming in Spring/summer this year. I am using one myself for the past 3 months and it has been working well for filling up 4500PSI air tank.

http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/topa ... oling.html

The only painful part is the water reservoir. However, water cooling is an advantage of this compressor so I have mixed feelings.

Looking for your opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm 

Well I have a similar pcp compressor and I made my self a adapter with a regulator and a few hose and use my house tap water to cool it down
I live in the country water is cheap and filtered and I never see over 42 Cel on mine maybe this setup could be used by others.

I did not like the big bucket of water.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:48 pm 

Junk. Read of the problems on other forums.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:17 pm 

I wouldn't say junk, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Lots of guys have been running theirs for a few years without trouble. The style you've ordered Raman is supposed to be easy to work on for doing any rebuilds, and is supposed to keep things cooler as well.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
I wouldn't say junk, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Lots of guys have been running theirs for a few years without trouble. The style you've ordered Raman is supposed to be easy to work on for doing any rebuilds, and is supposed to keep things cooler as well.
Regards,
Wes

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say ''junk'' either, this compressor sure looks a lot like my own Tuxing unit, or the known Yong Eng compressors.(Have a look at their currently offered models here: http://www.cntopa.com/a/Products/Air%20compressor/ )

Except for a minor issue that probably happened when the unit was packaged (broken main switch), I have no problems to report. These small compressors are easy to setup, use, and work on, they even come with a rebuild kit. The build quality is very decent for the price. I'd like to add that it may be compared to your China-made air guns, you MAY expect to have to put a little work in it, but you CAN also expect good results. I'd say try it before judging :wink: