Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:01 am 

My neighbour just got the Legends Cowboy Lever Action BB rifle, and invited me over to try it out with him on his 25 ft. basement range.

Very impressive. Shot really accurately, right out of the box. My 1st shot was less than 1/2 inch off centre, then next 4 shots were all dead centre (hey, even Jack Reacher needs to take one shot to figure a new rifle out) . Covered 2nd & 3rd shots with paster and put 2 more shots in centre of paster. Using Hornady Black Diamond BB's.

Then we switched to RWS Diabolo Basic 7.0 gr. pellets and was even more accurate. Used pellet shells from my Ace in the Hole, and they worked as well or better than the BB shells.

The good velocity gives accurate shots at 25 ft. Neither of us have a chrono, but I would guess it shoots at more than 500 fps.

Got about 100 good shots from the 2 CO2's, before velocity dropped off.

Tip, you actually can load 11 shells, not 10. Just put one in the chamber and load one more shell.

Nice looking gun. Nice lever action. Smooth trigger. Stock & foregrip look very close to real wood. But once you take off the butt plate to load the CO2, you will know why the stock can not be real wood. It needs to be too thin to accommodate all the internals in the stock to be real wood.

Helpful having a spotter to locate the spent shells.

Only complaint twice during the 100 shots we took, 2 shells would eject at the same time. Spent shell and the shell with the BB. We might have been cocking too hard.

I would give it a 9.9 out of 10.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:09 am 

Cool =)
That's a lot of shots out of 2 co2 at that velocity. Very nice =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:33 pm 

I have my for two months now and very happy with build quality and accuracy. The only minor complain will be the stock is not real wood, but it's not a deal breaker IMO.
On my chrony, I got high of 620fps and low 560fps on Copperhead BB over 10 shoots. The 7.33gr JSB pellet shoot high of 580fps and low of 540fps.
For sure you will never get old shooting this gun and butty soon you will be looking for more cartridges. 10 cartridge just not enough.
I found Cabela's has cheapest cartridge you can find. They go for $14.99 on pack of 6 pellet cartridge.

Jesse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 pm 

I'm going to pass on this one- until they come up with a rifled bbl version.
Besides, I'm more of a Marlin guy (although I have an equal number of Win and Marlins).
A '93 or a '94 Marlin SRC replica of the early custom shop guns with a rifled bore would be the cat's meow...

-D.S.

Eye Protection!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm 

Let us know if you get to shoot more with it please!
I don't think I can afford another airgun purchase right now since I just bought my Ace-in-the-hole, but that rifle would complete the look for sure and I would love to know about it please.
All the best,

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:31 am 

I wonder how it would perform with just one co2 cartridge, by using an empty and full cartridge? Less shots, less power or both.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 am 

Got to use it 2 more times.

Consistently getting 85-100 good shots with the 2 - CO2's. We tighten the CO2 firmly and have not had a problem piercing the 2 CO2's.

Neighbour brought it over to my house, so I could try it on my basement range.

Accuracy is dead on. We did a comparison. This airgun is as accurate as any of my rifled barrelled pellet guns, with both BB's & pellets.

It chews up the rubber a little on the top of the shells, but nothing major. It did rip the rubber out of 2 pellet shells, but buying more shells. I suspect it will wear out the shells after numerous shots, as way more wear on the shells in this gun, than in a revolver. Still working thru the issue of 2 shells ejecting. Happens very infrequently, and only with original BB shells from the peacemaker. Never happens with pellet shells or shells that came with rifle. Might be that the BB shells from the peacemaker is slightly different than the shells that come with the Cowboy Rifle & the pellet shells (Upon closer inspection, shells that came with rifle & pellet shells, have a slight ridge near the top, the peacemaker shells do not). Or it could be that I sometimes don't cock the lever properly.

But all in all, a great purchase, well worth the wait. Well worth the money. This is a must buy for anyone that ever had a Red Ryder, Daisy 1894, or similar. Or anyone that currently owns a CO2 Peacemaker, Remington 1875, Schofield No 3, or similar.

Toying with the idea of getting a rapid fire adaptor for it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rapid-fire-leve ... .l4275.c10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:44 am 

Rocket,

I have not tried using just one CO2. But if you read Q&A on Pyramyd site, one full CO2 will work ok.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umarex_L ... Rifle/4566

But shot count of course will drop. I have tried this in other airguns that take 2, CO2's, and you get a bit less than half the normal #.