Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 321
Location: North Dakota
Had to take my sled to the Arctic Cat dealer in Fargo today to have an updated flash done to the ECU...some of the 2018 ZR8000's were burning the plastic around the exhaust outlet and this flash is supposedly a cure for the "flaming exhaust" problem. The mechanic said he could replace the melted plastic and do the flash in about an hour. So to kill some time I went over to the Scheels Sports Store. Never good to go there. Was browsing the gun cases and spotted a Taurus Spectrum .380...never heard of that model before...but was $100 off regular price and available in different color combinations. Settled on the all black one leaving the wallet $179.99 lighter. Went to pick up the sled and grabbed some fast food to eat on the way home. Then I started thinking...I usually check reviews before buying stuff but picked up the Taurus spur of the moment. So while driving north on I-29 and eating a burger I thought I'd grab the phone and search for some reviews on this Taurus Spectrum. Nothing like multi-tasking...driving...eating...searching the web. Let's just say some reviews were not that good....with the trigger a main gripe. I was thinking I should have thrown the gun out with the fast food bag north of Harwood. After getting home I tore the gun down cleaning all the factory lube off of everything and re-lubed with my favorite products....GunSlick does wonders on trigger engagement parts. The trigger is actually pretty good now. As soon as the snow melts and I can't ride sled anymore I'll take the Spectrum out to see if any of the other negatives in the reviews are as bad as some say. At least the gun is not out in some ditch. *

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Spectrum compared to my EDC Ruger LCP

Image

*don't believe everything you read on the internet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3496
Location: Edmonton
Both the pistol and your driving technique would put you in jail here. :lol:

North Dakota's not a carry state, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 321
Location: North Dakota
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Both the pistol and your driving technique would put you in jail here. :lol:

North Dakota's not a carry state, right?


...note the asterisk *don't believe everything you read on the internet applies to other's reviews and my story telling :lol:

ND has both Constitutional Concealed Carry (no permit required within the State) and Concealed Carry permits you apply for that is good in State and States with reciprocity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3496
Location: Edmonton
rws wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Both the pistol and your driving technique would put you in jail here. :lol:

North Dakota's not a carry state, right?


...note the asterisk *don't believe everything you read on the internet applies to other's reviews and my story telling :lol:

ND has both Constitutional Concealed Carry (no permit required within the State) and Concealed Carry permits you apply for that is good in State and States with reciprocity.


That's cool! Liberal-lovin :ANAL: g Minnesota could take a few lessons from its neighbor. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 321
Location: North Dakota
Edmonton<500 wrote:
rws wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Both the pistol and your driving technique would put you in jail here. :lol:

North Dakota's not a carry state, right?


...note the asterisk *don't believe everything you read on the internet applies to other's reviews and my story telling :lol:

ND has both Constitutional Concealed Carry (no permit required within the State) and Concealed Carry permits you apply for that is good in State and States with reciprocity.


That's cool! Liberal-lovin :ANAL: g Minnesota could take a few lessons from its neighbor. :wink:


MN does have a shall issue carry permit...to carry open or concealed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:23 pm
Posts: 3066
Location: Northern Ontario
MN main problems seem to be from the friends Obama sent there.

_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 2408
Location: Northeastern Ontario
Edmonton<500 wrote:
That's cool! Liberal-lovin :ANAL: g Minnesota could take a few lessons from its neighbor. :wink:


paddyfritz wrote:
MN main problems seem to be from the friends Obama sent there.


This is what is needed. More talk of politics and complaining about politicians and their gun laws, from whatever country. Make every state great again. There should be more room for complaints about Canadian gun laws, not just American :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO