Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm 

Had to take my sled to the Arctic Cat dealer in Fargo today to have an updated flash done to the ECU...some of the 2018 ZR8000's were burning the plastic around the exhaust outlet and this flash is supposedly a cure for the "flaming exhaust" problem. The mechanic said he could replace the melted plastic and do the flash in about an hour. So to kill some time I went over to the Scheels Sports Store. Never good to go there. Was browsing the gun cases and spotted a Taurus Spectrum .380...never heard of that model before...but was $100 off regular price and available in different color combinations. Settled on the all black one leaving the wallet $179.99 lighter. Went to pick up the sled and grabbed some fast food to eat on the way home. Then I started thinking...I usually check reviews before buying stuff but picked up the Taurus spur of the moment. So while driving north on I-29 and eating a burger I thought I'd grab the phone and search for some reviews on this Taurus Spectrum. Nothing like multi-tasking...driving...eating...searching the web. Let's just say some reviews were not that good....with the trigger a main gripe. I was thinking I should have thrown the gun out with the fast food bag north of Harwood. After getting home I tore the gun down cleaning all the factory lube off of everything and re-lubed with my favorite products....GunSlick does wonders on trigger engagement parts. The trigger is actually pretty good now. As soon as the snow melts and I can't ride sled anymore I'll take the Spectrum out to see if any of the other negatives in the reviews are as bad as some say. At least the gun is not out in some ditch. *

Spectrum compared to my EDC Ruger LCP

*don't believe everything you read on the internet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:35 pm 

Both the pistol and your driving technique would put you in jail here. :lol:

North Dakota's not a carry state, right?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

...note the asterisk *don't believe everything you read on the internet applies to other's reviews and my story telling :lol:

ND has both Constitutional Concealed Carry (no permit required within the State) and Concealed Carry permits you apply for that is good in State and States with reciprocity.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 am 

rws wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

...note the asterisk *don't believe everything you read on the internet applies to other's reviews and my story telling :lol:

ND has both Constitutional Concealed Carry (no permit required within the State) and Concealed Carry permits you apply for that is good in State and States with reciprocity.

That's cool! Liberal-lovin :ANAL: g Minnesota could take a few lessons from its neighbor. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
rws wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:

That's cool! Liberal-lovin :ANAL: g Minnesota could take a few lessons from its neighbor. :wink:

MN does have a shall issue carry permit...to carry open or concealed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:08 pm 

MN main problems seem to be from the friends Obama sent there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:40 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:

paddyfritz wrote:
MN main problems seem to be from the friends Obama sent there.

This is what is needed. More talk of politics and complaining about politicians and their gun laws, from whatever country. Make every state great again. There should be more room for complaints about Canadian gun laws, not just American :wink: