Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Now at Cabela's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 pm 

Cabela's just got in the Umarex Legends Cowboy Lever Action Rifle.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/116937/u ... -air-rifle

Looks like each store has a couple.

Priced at $299, so they are in the range with others in Canada.

Again, I must ask, why is Cabela's always the last to get to the party? This has been for sale at all the smaller airgun suppliers for months.

You would think they would have way more buying power than the smaller independent stores.

But it looks like the smaller guys are way more successful at getting you the newest products, than the big guys. Three cheers for all the little guys out there.

I appreciate having a retail store like Cabela's in my town, so I can actually look before I buy. But the buyers at the Corp. HO need to try a little harder.

A few years ago, one of the salesmen behind the airgun counter told me he could not get enough Colt Peacemakers in to meet the demand, when they first came out, but HO would not give him anymore to sell. Now that the demand has leveled off, they have lots in stock.

Can anyone comment how Cabela's is at getting new firearms, hunting and fishing stuff in?

Post subject: Re: Now at Cabela's
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:03 pm 

You're in Cabelas a lot. Why not ask the workers why, or call corporate? Only they will have the answers.

I'm just going to say, they don't really care.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:24 pm 

Actually I saw it online. Was checking status of my order from the free shipping weekend.

But I do go to Cablea's a lot, as it is close to where I live. I drive past it a couple of times a week. Stop by sometimes on way back from the bank, or store.

The people in the firearms/hunting/airguns area are usually very helpful. Unfortunately they have zero control over what comes in and what Corporate does. They don't have any names of people to speak with at HO.

They once gave me the phone # for HO. I tried to speak with buyers, to ask f they were getting a certain item in, but they don't take call.

As I said before, appears to be disconnect between the sales floor & the people that actually make decisions.

My opinion, the people on the sales floor care, the people who make the decision and hide in the HO may not.

Sort of wish Princess Auto carried a larger selection of airguns, and not just things they got as surplus and overstocks.

Thankfully, we have a lot of great online airgun stores in Canada to get us the new stuff, and only need to rely on Cabela's for the other things.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:17 pm 

lol Pal required for 35 extra fps no thanks
if I buy a pal rated rifle I want it to be 780fps in .177 minimum and 650fps minimum in .22 or .25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 pm 

Might be missing the intended purpose of this replica.

It isn't intended to be a high powered hunting or competition rifle. It is a "replica airgun". Along the same lines as the Umarex Colt Peacemaker, Crosman Remington 1875, Bear River Schofield No. 3, etc.

It's intended for fun plinking and target shooting.

FYI, Cabela's may have the FPS too low. The box says 600, and the reviews say a bit more.

I have tried it, and it is fast enough to shoot accurately on indoor ranges. Also shoots BB's or pellets.

If you would never look at a replica BB gun, or if you think they are "toys", you will not like this. But if you like the feature of loading shells and having them eject in the air after every shot, without having to go to a range, it's a must buy!

I suspect it will be a bigger draw to people living in urban areas than those who live in the country and have gun racks stocked with Winchesters, and Henrys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:32 am 

Yeah ~ the only feature attracted me on this gun is ejecting the shell on every shot ~

You know that there are so many 'toy' (real toys, shooting water balls etc) guns in the market can eject shells... But this looks the very first one that shooting steel BBs or pellets that we can get, right?! (I am not pretty sure as I entered this hobby not a very long time...)

However I don't like the cow-boy styles... So I will pass this one and wait for something in the future....

I want a bullpup, Tavor or AUG, so much ~ Airsoft is okay, however I don't think they will make one as Airsoft usually for war games and no one will use a 10 rounds magazine vs the others who use 200 or 500 rounds magazines right?! [emoji38]

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:59 am 

I think they are coming out with an airsoft version of this gun.

Also, there have been a couple of different types of shell ejecting airsoft pump shotguns, on the market for a few years. They even have a Mad Max double barrel sawed off version, like Mel Gibson used in the original Road Warrior movie.

I saw a video where someone loaded the shot shells with steel BB's instead of plastic airsoft. But don't try it. My local airsoft store said airsoft barrels can't handle steel, and will dent up real badly, very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXLTR-ovYI

As said, the Cowboy rifle is designed for a specific type of buyer. Especially, people that have bought all of those western CO2 revolvers that have been sold in the last couple of years. It would also be of interest to all of those people that still have, or use to have, a Daisy 1894. Which still has a huge following on it's own.