Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:46 pm 

What's your pick?

Glock 17 Gen 4 vs Smith&Wesson M&P40 (co2 steel blowback pistols)

Glock 17 gen 4 will be avalable in Canada this spring. I think it's gonna be around C$200. M&P is selling for C$149 now. They seem to have similar options like field-strippable, full blowback and full size magazine etc.
Which one would you get if you have to just pick one?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm 

Considering the very similar features I guess it’s a matter of personal taste after that...
I know the Glocks have been very popular lately but I personally find their desing boring.
I would pick the M&P40 anytime. Will probably be :axe: for saying this though :mrgreen:

Daisy 953
Umarex HPP
Walther PPK/S
Smith & Wesson M&P 40
Colt Python .357 (polymer)
Walther CP99
Smith & Wesson TRR8
KWC 226-S5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 pm 

Yeager wrote:
Considering the very similar features I guess it’s a matter of personal taste after that...
I know the Glocks have been very popular lately but I personally find their desing boring.
I would pick the M&P40 anytime. Will probably be :axe: for saying this though :mrgreen:

All rite. That's the answer I was looking for. I was about 80% on m&p40 too. Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:35 am 

Don't know why, but everyone wants a real Glock, and airgunners have been waiting for a Glock replica for years. I think they're both so-so, and the PBs are way overpriced in this market for a polymer pistol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 am 

Jin wrote:
What's your pick?

Glock 17 Gen 4 vs Smith&Wesson M&P40 (co2 steel blowback pistols)

Glock 17 gen 4 will be avalable in Canada this spring. I think it's gonna be around C$200. M&P is selling for C$149 now. They seem to have similar options like field-strippable, full blowback and full size magazine etc.
Which one would you get if you have to just pick one?

You'l never know wich one you prefer until you try both.
I personnaly prefer the Glock, easier To field strip, and in my case i have the real steel version, so, its a great way To practice. I have the m&p 40 airgun too, great gun but more moving parts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:25 pm 

I already have the M&P40 and I absolutly love it and I'll get the Glock gen4 when it comes out (and the Crosman Bushmaster DPMS and the SIGSauer P365 when they come out too).
I love my replicas, the all metal, field stripable replicas are awesome. It's so much trouble (and expensive too) getting the "real" stuff, I really feel like I'm enjoying the replica more often then I would the real deal. I can own several guns for the price of one of these in firearm version and I can shoot them in my garage, basement or backyard when the neighbors are gone.
I'm currently wondering if I should get these:
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/HK_USP_Blowback_177_Pistol/4727#9387
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Heckler_Koch_VP9_CO2_BB_Air_Pistol_Black/4687#9279
The USP is especially tempting to me.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:12 am 

Give in to the USP.

I got one a month or so back and it is great. Great feel, great action and easily field strip-able.

I usually prefer pellet which initially held me back but I am glad I gave in :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:46 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
I already have the M&P40 and I absolutly love it and I'll get the Glock gen4 when it comes out (and the Crosman Bushmaster DPMS and the SIGSauer P365 when they come out too).
I love my replicas, the all metal, field stripable replicas are awesome. It's so much trouble (and expensive too) getting the "real" stuff, I really feel like I'm enjoying the replica more often then I would the real deal. I can own several guns for the price of one of these in firearm version and I can shoot them in my garage, basement or backyard when the neighbors are gone.
I'm currently wondering if I should get these:
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/HK_USP_Blowback_177_Pistol/4727#9387
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Heckler_Koch_VP9_CO2_BB_Air_Pistol_Black/4687#9279
The USP is especially tempting to me.

Get the USP you will love it 8) , I do love mine, would love the M&P40 if it was working properly... But get the USP it's great... 8) Oh and get a spare mag or two, it's a must... 8)

And to answer the question, I will probably have both, already got the M&P40 only missing the Glock in 4.5mm... 8)

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:00 pm 

-Glock 17 Gen 4 > iconic
-Smith&Wesson M&P40 > actually used in training
-Sig M17 P320 > where did all the January 2019 hoopla go to around this gun?

all 3 are on my new gun wish list.

leaning towards the M17 re: tan colouring, hi-cap mag, unique pellet feed system, high FPS w/blowback, current US issue, fun holsters....

..but any issues to report on by current users? are extra mags available?

..then i'll get the other two... lol

https://www.umarexusa.com/the-umarex-sw-mp40-becomes-a-training-aid-for-law-enforcement

Last edited by Leon Yrag on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 pm 

Easy, the M&P40 now, and the Glock later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:24 pm 

ejackyou wrote:

50/50..

been busy this hour..

-have an M&P40, and spare mag, inbound from Replica Airguns.. mailed to me by Thursday.
-have a SIG P320 (re: tan colouring, hi-cap mag, unique pellet feed system, high FPS w/blowback) from wllm995, meeting in the McD's parking lot in the morning..

now i only have one new gun on my new gun wish list!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:25 am 

Leon Yrag wrote:
ejackyou wrote:

50/50..

been busy this hour..

-have an M&P40, and spare mag, inbound from Replica Airguns.. mailed to me by Thursday.
-have a SIG P320 (re: tan colouring, hi-cap mag, unique pellet feed system, high FPS w/blowback) from wllm995, meeting in the McD's parking lot in the morning..

now i only have one new gun on my new gun wish list!

That's what I said, about 175 guns ago! :roll: :

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:45 pm 

Alright, alright, I'll get the USP. The M17 is already paid for (it was a Christmas gift), but I'm waiting for Londero Sport to get them in stock.
I'm waiting for the gen4 on the Glocks and I love my M&P, never had a single problem with mine.
The ones I'm getting giddy about are the Crosman/Bushmaster AR and the SIG Sauer P365. I can't wait.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun