Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Winnipeg MB
How is it that a real military styled rifle with wood stock is $199.99 CDN @ Cabela's where as a BB or pellet version of it would be much more?

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/110383?p ... tId=303408


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2691
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
They used to be way cheaper. Under 100$, My first SKS was 75$, I used to buy Mosins for 80$, SVT40 for under 300$... I know they made over 2.7 million Russian ones. That's just nature of Military surplus. Is they are cheap.

Setting up tooling and re designing for airguns. Cost a lot.. Plus you're paying machinist salary, not commie Russia peanut salary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 5914
Location: P.G. B.C.
That's a decent price now. Be aware, this gun was very near the top on the RCMP list for

changing to restricted and/or prohibited status.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2691
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Daryl wrote:
That's a decent price now. Be aware, this gun was very near the top on the RCMP list for

changing to restricted and/or prohibited status.


Been on the list for years... Ever since someone bought one from CT, and forgot to clean the Cosmo out..The gun slammed fired. The guy told the police RCMP, that CT was selling full auto. CT pulled all the SKS's, RCMP made up this full auto trigger mech BS. But why live in fear? Base laws off facts, not emotions.

I have a AR15, that's been on the list for years, I have pistols, that on the list now. VZ58/Swiss Arms.. Those became prohib and brought back, again going on the list. Ruger 10/22 BC 25 rds mags. RCMP made prohib. Beowulf 50 mags, became prohib.

Liberals/Police wants to disarm everybody except hunting rifles and shotguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 832
Location: Meaford, Ont.
Liberals/Police wants to disarm everybody except hunting rifles and shotguns.


I am not sure I believe the above with talking to some young cops around this town. They are scared of everyone now days and this is and always been a hunting area. After talking to one he said "I never thought about it that way before." He thought "being a cop in Toronto would be better because up here everyone has guns" he stated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 763
wheeliehd wrote:
Liberals/Police wants to disarm everybody except hunting rifles and shotguns.


I am not sure I believe the above with talking to some young cops around this town. They are scared of everyone now days and this is and always been a hunting area. After talking to one he said "I never thought about it that way before." He thought "being a cop in Toronto would be better because up here everyone has guns" he stated.


That's ok. Everyone drives too and that's far more concerning.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 2412
Location: Northeastern Ontario
BB1Shooter wrote:
How is it that a real military styled rifle with wood stock is $199.99 CDN @ Cabela's where as a BB or pellet version of it would be much more?

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/110383?p ... tId=303408


The Chinese (and others) made a lot of these rifles. These, and a whole lot of them from former East Bloc sources, have been dumped on the market for cheap. Where else could these be sold? They don't hold interest for any Third World armies so they get offered for whatever the suppliers can get for them. Don't think these are made to exacting standards with good fit and finish. They are functional firearms designed to arm the mass peasant armies of communist China in the 1950s.

If someone is looking for an inexpensive air rifle, look for Chinese clones of UK or European models. They are much less costly than the originals, although the quality and fit and finish may be wanting.

wheeliehd wrote:
Liberals/Police wants to disarm everybody except hunting rifles and shotguns.


Even though it may violate CAF posting rules regarding no political posts, we need more of this kind of political commentary, regardless if it's polemical, don't we? CAF readers shouldn't have to go to CGN to see commentary about how "stupid" certain politicians and political parties may be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2691
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
But that's what the government is leaning towards.

Remember they're trying to combat street crime. But all they are going after is target shooters, more than hunters. Because they have it in their mind that guns are domestically sourced. Bill C71 gives the RCMP the power to make changes. And they just throwing handgun ban on it now.

On the list are. VZ58/858, SKS, AR15, Semi auto military style rifles, Pistols. And we are getting hunters siding with the liberals. Because they're not going directly after shotguns/hunting rifles. Because Ive heard people be like. Cannot hunt with pistols or AR15s, so why do we need them?

They have it in their mind that hunters are the Elmer Fudd, Furr hat, Old Rem 7400, plaid jacket. And Not seeing modern hunters using Semi auto rifles, since they can.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 2412
Location: Northeastern Ontario
leadslinger wrote:
But that's what the government is leaning towards.

Remember they're trying to combat street crime. But all they are going after is target shooters, more than hunters. Because they have it in their mind that guns are domestically sourced. Bill C71 gives the RCMP the power to make changes. And they just throwing handgun ban on it now.

On the list are. VZ58/858, SKS, AR15, Semi auto military style rifles, Pistols. And we are getting hunters siding with the liberals. Because they're not going directly after shotguns/hunting rifles. Because Ive heard people be like. Cannot hunt with pistols or AR15s, so why do we need them?

They have it in their mind that hunters are the Elmer Fudd, Furr hat, Old Rem 7400, plaid jacket. And Not seeing modern hunters using Semi auto rifles, since they can.


This is more like it. More aspersions need to be cast on the "they" that is the current government. No matter if "they" only say they might consider a handgun ban, it may as well be asserted that there is going to be a handgun ban, real or not. Some semi auto "military style" rifles (to use the vernacular) are on "their" list. It only takes a non sequitur leap in logic to understand that soon every other semi auto, hunting or target or otherwise, will be soon slipped surreptitiously on the list. "They" also talk of central storage of firearms. It must be just around the corner. This time the sky is falling, as the doomsaysers tell us. It's not like it was two or three years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm
Posts: 418
Location: Winnipeg MB
Eva Shockey hunts with a military style rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRNdHzrR1ao


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 5914
Location: P.G. B.C.
I disagree.
The government NEVER goes after street crime, never have. They could not possibly be so stupid as to think making more
laws will prevent or reduce crime, however, a lot of voters do.

The government thinks up laws they think or believe will earn them votes. That is all they care about - votes. Control and Power. It
does not matter the party, however some parties have even more nasty things in mind for you that will extend or increase their power.
They know criminal's guns are not coming from you and I. They lie about that & make up their own states to turn the public opinion against
you they lie about everything. To prove that point, just ask a current government politician if they broke the law with the SNC
Lavalin case by badgering the sitting attorney General.They will lie - they know nothing else. They lie so much, they have no idea
with the truth is.
The appearance of doing good for the brainless masses is what gets votes for THEM.

The UN's agenda since WW11 has been to disarm member countries. They even passed resolutions to that effect, back in the 80's.
ALL gun control laws are angled toward eventual total disarmament. The reason should be obvious - if you don't understand this
you need to read Agenda 21 and the newer Agenda 20/30. These are available on the United Nation's web site. The first one, Agenda
21 used to be hidden and they said there was no such thing. Yes- they lied. Now, it is for everyone to see as they do not care. They
are so close toward getting their NWO, they feel nothing can stop them. It is imperative you be disarmed.
Anyone own property? Property could be anything, but in this instance it means actual ground.

Did you know "private ownership of land is non-sustainable?" that is a quote, btw, as is "All privately owned land must be converted to publically owned land"

"Rural Populations will be move to population centers" Can't do that with an armed society - at least in the States. Going to be some shooting.
The politicians really don't care unless someone targets them - especially if it's the CIA - lol.

Just in case you ever wondered where screen/movie writers got those really weird ideas about movies such as "Escape New York" - there was another one about Los Angles.
Some copies of Agenda 21 got out in the 60's or 70's. The movies followed.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm
Posts: 2412
Location: Northeastern Ontario
Daryl wrote:
I disagree.
The government NEVER goes after street crime, never have. They could not possibly be so stupid as to think making more
laws will prevent or reduce crime, however, a lot of voters do.

The government thinks up laws they think or believe will earn them votes. That is all they care about - votes. Control and Power. It
does not matter the party, however some parties have even more nasty things in mind for you that will extend or increase their power.
They know criminal's guns are not coming from you and I. They lie about that & make up their own states to turn the public opinion against
you they lie about everything. To prove that point, just ask a current government politician if they broke the law with the SNC
Lavalin case by badgering the sitting attorney General.They will lie - they know nothing else. They lie so much, they have no idea
with the truth is.
The appearance of doing good for the brainless masses is what gets votes for THEM.

The UN's agenda since WW11 has been to disarm member countries. They even passed resolutions to that effect, back in the 80's.
ALL gun control laws are angled toward eventual total disarmament. The reason should be obvious - if you don't understand this
you need to read Agenda 21 and the newer Agenda 20/30. These are available on the United Nation's web site. The first one, Agenda
21 used to be hidden and they said there was no such thing. Yes- they lied. Now, it is for everyone to see as they do not care. They
are so close toward getting their NWO, they feel nothing can stop them. It is imperative you be disarmed.
Anyone own property? Property could be anything, but in this instance it means actual ground.

Did you know "private ownership of land is non-sustainable?" that is a quote, btw, as is "All privately owned land must be converted to publically owned land"

"Rural Populations will be move to population centers" Can't do that with an armed society - at least in the States. Going to be some shooting.
The politicians really don't care unless someone targets them - especially if it's the CIA - lol.

Just in case you ever wondered where screen/movie writers got those really weird ideas about movies such as "Escape New York" - there was another one about Los Angles.
Some copies of Agenda 21 got out in the 60's or 70's. The movies followed.


Some people might be sceptical about these views. But this proves the conspiracy to turn North America socialist. The conspiracy is to get rid of guns and private property as per the UN. After that get rid of cows, airplanes, and ice cream. City dwellers don't need any of the above. The Green New Deal is part of this plot. It's so easy to see that. And what's worse, it's done through fear-mongering. The socialists raise the alarm about "global warming". They tell people to fear climate change. There's nothing to fear. The current US administration has proven that it is nothing more than a Chinese hoax. We need more politicians like the Republican leaders south of the border. No hand-wringing about what's politically correct. No worries about "rights" except property and gun rights. Right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 3540
Location: Edmonton
Don't cross the line.
We know there's a line.
We're not sure where it is.
We'll know when you get there.
You're close.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: prices for airguns
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 5914
Location: P.G. B.C.
K :wink:

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO