Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:40 pm 

Selling my barely used; in excellent operating condition; as new:

Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool

Asking $39; OBO; EMT/Paypal. Shipping is at $14 Canada Wide via Expedited Parcel

Info:
Rugged construction spring loaded pliers external locking tools and an extra grippy handle earn this tool its moniker: the Ultimate Multi-tool. Needle Nose Pliers; Fine Edge Knife; Serrated Knife; Saw; Phillips Screwdriver; Small Flat Driver; Medium Flat Driver; Lanyard Ring; Bottle Opener; Can Opener; Scissors; Wire Cutters. Ergonomic Textured Rubber Grip - Maximizes comfort and reduces slippage. Spring loaded jaw for simplified single-hand use External components for easy access.
Patented Safe.T.Plus System - Enhanced safety by locking components into usage position

Pics:

Last edited by wllm995 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:07 pm 

I've had 2 of the Gerbers (still have one). I keep it in the silverwear tray in the Trailer. I very much prefer
the Leatherman Wave as it is a much better tool, higher quality. The big thing that is nice about the Gerber
is the sprung needle-nose pliers jaws - but- they are short. The Gerber knife blade sucks compared to the Wave.
I guess it depends on what you want. Too, the quality of the Gerber tools is not as good as the Leatherman. I
assume that is why the Leatherman costs double of what the Gerber's are priced at. The Gerber is also a lot thicker.
The saw blade & file on the Gerber are a joke, in comparison to the Wave's saw and file.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm 

On Amazon they sell for $70+

Still a quality Multi-Tool!

Quote:
Extremely good quality and very durable. I'm big on camping and have owned many multi-tools in the past but none of them lasted for more than a year. They would either succumb to rust, become dull, or just outright break. I've been using this for a few months now and have not experienced any problems. The item has good weight and feels very strong/durable. I keep this in my pocket everywhere I go. Highly recommend it.

Quote:
Extremely good quality and very durable. I'm big on camping and have owned many multi-tools in the past but none of them lasted for more than a year. They would either succumb to rust, become dull, or just outright break. I've been using this for a few months now and have not experienced any problems. The item has good weight and feels very strong/durable. I keep this in my pocket everywhere I go. Highly recommend it.

Quote:

:?I have carried this everywhere since the day I bought it, except when I had to store it at the airport because I tried to take it through security hahaha. I love the spring loaded feel and the handles fit comfortably. It's also the first multitool I ever bought that locked the tools in place which was a huge problem with some of my previous multitools. I like that the tools are available when the tool is closed rather than having to open it up to choose a tool. I am on my second sheath having worn through the first one after almost two years and the small flathead screwdriver is a little bent at the tip from misuse but other than that it's just as good as the day I bought it. Keep in mind it was a little bit pricier when I bought it so I would definitely recommend buying it now at the much lower price.

Quote:
I've been a fan of Gerber tools for a while, and this one did not disappoint. I was a bit sceptical as this is a 'celebrity' line, but it fit the bill fine. I use it for work and some camping.

Out of the other multi-tools I've used, the big difference I find with this one is the handling. Most are just metal on hand. At least this one is shaped to your hand with a bit of rubber (not much mind you). It looks nice and it feels tough. When I cut something with the wire cutters, I feel it has no problem doing the job. Getting to the other tools are a bit easier than some other models out there as well.

Plus the survival guide that comes with it is a great little thing in case you get in a survival situation. The only problem with the guide is they decide to focus on more quantity in the guide than quality. They show several fire types with little details, rather than focus on one and give proper details.

One other small itsy bitsy problem with it is the sheath. When you place the guide in the pocket, it makes it difficult to put the tool back in as it get's caught. I had to put a piece of cloth tape to make it easier.

All in all it's a solid build. I didn't take off any stars for the small problems as they are really just nitpicking and not with the multi-tool itself.