Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Colt SAA in 22?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:08 pm 

I tried searching the web but only found them in 177. Do they exist in 22? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Colt SAA in 22?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:50 pm 

The new Umarex Colt CO2 Shell Loading Peacemakers only come in .177 Cal. Either smooth bore barrel BB, or rifled barrel pellet versions. Although there have been rumors, Umarex says it has no plans to introduce a .22 Colt Peacemaker.

Crosman made 2 versions of the SAA Peacemaker in .22 cal pellet, but not Colt branded. The Crosman Single Action 6 (aka the SA6) and a .22 pellet version of the Crosman 44 (it came in both .177 & .22 pellet version). Unfortunately production ended in 1969 for the SA6 and 1976 for the 44. Although they are nice guns, all metal (other than the grips and CO2 cover), well balanced and shot fairly accurately, they had velocities of less than 300 fps, and you only got around 30-36 shots per CO2. Also, you had to load each pellet into the cylinder, where as the new Umarex models were shell loading.

Crosmans .22 cal. Peacemakers can be readily found on Mr. Marvin's site, the classifieds in this forum, eBay, and lots of other sites. Just be careful, most of the ones you buy will need new seals and new valves. Rob @ R&R Airguns is pretty good at fixing old Crosmans.

Maybe if enough people ask, Umarex will come out with a .22 cal version of the shell loading Colt Peacemaker. I find it interesting that they have so many versions of it in .177, that they would not come out with one in .22 cal.

Since they now have lead free .22 pellets that are under 8.2 gr. you would think they could come out with a CO2 pistol that shoots them. If you make it with the 7.5" barrel they have, you would think it would give you velocity close to the current .177 pellet versions that can shoot a 8 gr pellet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:04 pm 

Thanks for all the information. I will look at the older versions and see if I can find something that I like. Fixing them up if they leak is no problem.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:44 pm 

Just be aware. Seals may be easy to source and replace, but the valves may need to be repaired, as few new ones around. I think only a couple of people (all in the US) repair the valves.