Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
I have a friend that has never been in trouble with the law . He runs the road department for a city here in Ontario. He rode his bike into a certain motorcycle club party and police were filming everyone's plates. Four years later he applied for a gun licence because he wanted to shoot with me and they told him he had a ten year ban on him over his plate been seen at a MC 1%er club event.

Well you goto a 1% event, what do you expect? But Like Patty, I think there more than your friend is telling you. Dad bikes draws attention, has HA and other known groups, come up to him and comment his sick his bike is. Even won a ride with Opie from SOA. Nothing ever happened to him.

Even the military has rules against being part or associated with 1 or 3% groups. That the members will be released. But knowing the field of mental health, and firearms. Always more sides to story. But with how the world is in EU/NZ ETC Just me disagreeing with even the PM can be chargeable. In England, people are being visited by the police for posting on social media their dislike.

But any hoo.. Back to the original topic. Many hunters that don't agree with semi auto or handguns, won't support us in the fight. Because they don't care. They don't think the government is going to go after their shotguns/hunting rifles. But they will. And that will include airguns as well. Liberal end goal, is total firearm ban like England.

Yes CAF never really liked firearm politics. But things are getting worst and worst, and every week, day, second. Alot of us are closer to being criminals over just being firearm owners. We need ever man, women, child, etc That loves anything that slings lead, to stand up. And those that are worried about any attention. Already been in the sights. Why let them silently stop us?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:39 pm 

Daryl wrote:
WOW - I suspect Justin is closely watching this for direction.

You bet he is. He must spend a lot of time, plotting, conniving, dreaming up ways to take away guns just for the hell of it. For no reason. He probably thinks that a great tragedy could happen in this country. That would be impossible, right? He's got too much time on his hands. He should be more worried about the coming climate apocalypse. Too bad climate change can't be fought with guns.

robertr wrote:
A good start would be to get the Liberals out of power and keep them out of power.

What a brave stand to make in this forum. Usually political commentary is frowned upon, but you go tell 'em, robertr. You've got a lot of guts. More people should be calling out the anti gun lobby. It's just too powerful.

BB1Shooter wrote:
Don't worry, Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott are doing their best to get rid of the Liberals. Now if Andrew Scheer and the rest of the Conservatives could just help a little....

BB1Shooter, you ain't seen the half of it. I heard that JWR and JP are gun enthusiasts and want to get rid of the current leadership because the PM is not as pro gun as they are. People should send these paragons of virtue and great firearms supporters all the support they can.

Leon Yrag wrote:
BB1Shooter wrote:
..., How did the police know he owned the airguns?...

join facebook group
join airgun forum
list city
use real name
list your guns
attach pictures, of oneself and guns

"...Social media is playing a role, as police seem to be using popular platforms to find leads on gun owners who still have possession of their now-prohibited guns..."

BTW..
I sold ALL my guns last weekend.

i just like hanging around here w you guys.

Leon(ish)

Leon is right. They know who you are. They know who everyone is. The government spends millions following forums like this one to find out who has an airgun. They have undercover agents at Canadian Tire to see who is buying pellets. No one is safe from big brother, right?

wheeliehd wrote:

I have a friend that has never been in trouble with the law . He runs the road department for a city here in Ontario. He rode his bike into a certain motorcycle club party and police were filming everyone's plates. Four years later he applied for a gun licence because he wanted to shoot with me and they told him he had a ten year ban on him over his plate been seen at a MC 1%er club event.

Whatever happened to the good old days when you could associate with known members of criminal gangs and not get into trouble. Remember that scene from The Godfather when the police was photographing licence plates at Connie's wedding? That's where the fuzz gots the idea from. Hanging around 1%ers should not be viewed as a problem, right? Darn government takes every thing the wrong way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:45 pm 

As long as it stays civil ....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 pm 

lauchlin wrote:

HAHA! That's why I choose not to answer back on thread. I had a comeback all typed out but choose not to post. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:18 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
lauchlin wrote:

HAHA! That's why I choose not to answer back on thread. I had a comeback all typed out but choose not to post. :wink:

One of the principle rules to follow if you want to keep your job where I work. Wait 24 hours before you respond to any controversial email. Cooling off period. Probably saved my employment a few times.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 pm 

Young guys here, not remembering or even born by the late 1970's with the government at the time made declarations that all 'military-style guns, including sniper rifle-types needed to be outlawed.

This included all bolt actioned rifles with scopes. Scopes really frightened the Attorney General at that time. He wanted those military-style rifles with scopes, confiscated. That law didn't go through

but also had a section stated all guns & ammunition would be stored at a central government agency. Sound familiar? It should. The bill was called C-51. It also had not only written laws, but also, of

course, the penalty sections. Possession of even a single empty or loaded ctg. case, new or fired, RF or CF was punishable by up to 5years in jail. All ammunition had to be signed out and all ctg.

cases had to be accounted for. They were very detail oriented in C-51. This was all when the current PM's father was PM. Much of what is proposed then, is in the new one, C71, along with being a

back-door registry. Oh yeah- possession of any handloading equipment, powder, bullets, primers spent of new was also a chargeable offense with penalty of up to 5 years in jail.

Note in the first sentence, the use of the words, military-style rifles including sniper-style rifles. At that time, the US Sniper Rifle was a m700 Remington (army M34 I think) .308 walnut stocked

heavy barreled varmint model with a 4-16X Redfield scope. You could buy that same rifle & scope in any gun store in Canada or the USA in a variety of calibers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Young guys here, not remembering or even born by the late 1970's with the government at the time made declarations that all 'military-style guns, including sniper rifle-types needed to be outlawed.

This included all bolt actioned rifles with scopes. Scopes really frightened the Attorney General at that time. He wanted those military-style rifles with scopes, confiscated. That law didn't go through

but also had a section stated all guns & ammunition would be stored at a central government agency. Sound familiar? It should. The bill was called C-51. It also had not only written laws, but also, of

course, the penalty sections. Possession of even a single empty or loaded ctg. case, new or fired, RF or CF was punishable by up to 5years in jail. All ammunition had to be signed out and all ctg.

cases had to be accounted for. They were very detail oriented in C-51. This was all when the current PM's father was PM. Much of what is proposed then, is in the new one, C71, along with being a

back-door registry. Oh yeah- possession of any handloading equipment, powder, bullets, primers spent of new was also a chargeable offense with penalty of up to 5 years in jail.

Note in the first sentence, the use of the words, military-style rifles including sniper-style rifles. At that time, the US Sniper Rifle was a m700 Remington (army M34 I think) .308 walnut stocked

heavy barreled varmint model with a 4-16X Redfield scope. You could buy that same rifle & scope in any gun store in Canada or the USA in a variety of calibers.

I was around in the seventies and can almost remember that. Clearly this proves that there is a move afoot to force gun owners to not only be accountable for the whereabouts of their firearms and BB guns, but also their ammo, every bullet, pellet, and nerf ball. Where does it end?

Isn't it time to support the idea that more target shooting at the range can be good for many people? Study after study proves that range time is relaxing and has great therapeutic value for stress and lumbago. It's almost as helpful as gardening and bird watching, both of which are outdoor activities as well.

Daryll is right that the younger Trudeau was an avid supporter of PET's disarmament policies during the 1970's. If Pierre's AG could be dissuaded from enacting the dastardly scheme Daryll outlined, perhaps JT can be convinced to abandon the plan to outlaw every kind of gun in Canada. It's possible to get him to change his mind. After all he's young and impressionable. So insidious is the current anti gun lobby that after outlawing firearms it's their secret plan to make it illegal to use the word gun in connection to anything that might resemble a weapon. No more glue guns; they will have to be hot glue dispensers. No more heat guns; they will be hot air blowers. Where will the PC madness end?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:53 pm 

Unfortunately, there is no end to gun-control & disarmament - none.

After this is done, then watch the crap hit the fan. I was hoping I would

be "long gone" before this happened here. I actually fear this will actually happen

in my life span. The UN is planning on it before 2030. The NWO was 'supposed' to happen

before 2021, as detailed in "Agenda 21". The new "plan" is "Agenda 20/30". The "push" is on.

You can read it if you want.

:"Privately owned land is non-sustainable. All privately owned land must be CONVERTED to publically owned land."

The caps are mine. That is a quote from Agenda 21.

Here's another.

:"Rural populations are non-sustainable. All rural populations must be MOVED (or RELOCATED) to population centers". I don't remember the exact words.

The reason I said gun control would never end, is due to the word control. There is always a need for more "control".

LOL - ever wonder where the idea for the movies "Escape New York" and "Escape Los Angles" came from? Just a thought - Judge Dred was a newer version.

These movies were written from information leaked (1960's/1970's/1980's) while the UN was denying the existence of Agenda 21. They said there is no such thing,

Agenda 21 is "a Conspiracy Theory".

In the late 70's or early 1980's I think it was, President Carter, the peanut farmer said "the world needs to embrace the new world order". He was told to shut up and the media

was 'ordered' to "drop it", nothing to see here, move along - and nothing more was said about it, except inside conservative groups, mostly.

By the 1990's the UN figured nothing could be done to stop the NWO from happening and with Resolution 35 or 36 - one of them around that numbering, ordered all member countries to work

towards disarming their populations.

Too, Agenda 21 was actually posted on the UN web site for all to see. Might still be there - a good read. Agenda 20/30 is the "new one" & it should be there, as well.

Much of it sounds OK, but then there are statements like I quoted above. You do not have to think about them long, to understand what it all means.

What power and control must the governments have, to make you move from your rural farming community, off your farm, taken by the government and you forcefully -re-located to a big city?