Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am 

Police seized this person airguns in NZ, because he was right wing. And deemed him unfit. Registration leads to confiscation.

Quote:
Adam Holland
March 28 at 5:29 PM ·

Police came around today and seized my airguns and unlawfully seized my crossbow (not a firearm)
The reason given is that I'm "not a fit and proper person to be in the possesion of an airgun" where's his reasoning?
It's obvious what this is about. Somebody in Christchurch, who I've never met, killed 50 people at two mosques on the 15th of March 2019.
The detective told me over the phone (all recorded) that these firearms were seized because I'm "right wing", again - their words. I have never voted in my life and have been eligible since 2008.

This is political persecution in New Zealand 2019. Welcome to your new police state, get used to it because more parliamentarian and police bullying tactics are coming whether we like it or not. Stay tuned for some more bull**** laws to be passed.

#DontVote2020.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:06 pm 

WOW - I suspect Justin is closely watching this for direction.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:13 pm 

They might as well start preparing the bonfires to be used for those accused of practicing witchcraft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:14 pm 

Sounds reasonable... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:15 pm 

Homes as well as at work. - Targeting license holders.

http://www.secondamendmentdaily.com/201 ... orkplaces/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:14 pm 

It's more situations like the one in NZ and more cases like this reported below, that are going to give us much tighter airgun laws.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/witnesses-r ... -1.4360773

This is starting to be a weekly occurrence in major cities in Canada.

I can not see how lawmakers are going to let this continue. Again, a few bad apples are going to spoil it for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:22 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
It's more situations like the one in NZ and more cases like this reported below, that are going to give us much tighter airgun laws.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/witnesses-r ... -1.4360773

This is starting to be a weekly occurrence in major cities in Canada.

I can not see how lawmakers are going to let this continue. Again, a few bad apples are going to spoil it for everyone.

You know whats going to give us tighter airguns laws? Doing nothing, and not standing ground. I think it's time to lobby with the gun orgs in the fight, to preserve. Because as firearm laws tighten. Many are going to go with airguns. Then boom more airgun laws.

Because in the states if you're a convicted felon, you cannot own firearms, but you can own airguns. Loop hole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:55 pm 

All we see is the letter. We don't know history, doctor diagnosis, Prescription meds. Groups he may or may not belong to. History of charges ect.

I have a friend that has never been in trouble with the law . He runs the road department for a city here in Ontario. He rode his bike into a certain motorcycle club party and police were filming everyone's plates. Four years later he applied for a gun licence because he wanted to shoot with me and they told him he had a ten year ban on him over his plate been seen at a MC 1%er club event.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:29 pm 

wheeliehd raises an important question. There is a lot that is not know here, esp. about the person. But from what we see in the letter it does not paint a pretty picture.

Also, How did the police know he owned the airguns? Are you required to register airguns in NZ? Are airguns considered firearms in NZ?

To leadslinger, how do you lobby for separate rules for airguns? Is there even a airgun lobby group in Canada or the US? And if there even is one, it would be so small in comparison to the NRA, that how can it ever get it's message out. I would not want to be the person extoling the virtues of replica airguns in light of what is going on in todays urban centers.

Sometime in the near future I can see a situation where a police officer shoots a minor brandishing a replica airgun, and it makes front page news across the country. After that I bet you will start seeing legislation restricting the purchase of airguns. I hope this never happens, but I think we are heading in that direction.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:45 pm 

A good start would be to get the Liberals out of power and keep them out of power.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:52 pm 

Don't worry, Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott are doing their best to get rid of the Liberals. Now if Andrew Scheer and the rest of the Conservatives could just help a little....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:58 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
wheeliehd raises an important question. There is a lot that is not know here, esp. about the person. But from what we see in the letter it does not paint a pretty picture.

Also, How did the police know he owned the airguns? Are you required to register airguns in NZ? Are airguns considered firearms in NZ?

To leadslinger, how do you lobby for separate rules for airguns? Is there even a airgun lobby group in Canada or the US? And if there even is one, it would be so small in comparison to the NRA, that how can it ever get it's message out. I would not want to be the person extoling the virtues of replica airguns in light of what is going on in todays urban centers.

Sometime in the near future I can see a situation where a police officer shoots a minor brandishing a replica airgun, and it makes front page news across the country. After that I bet you will start seeing legislation restricting the purchase of airguns. I hope this never happens, but I think we are heading in that direction.

Seeing how NZ and EU freedom of speech is almost nil. I bet it was no different than, Milo Yiannopoulos, The Rebel, Tommy Robinson, Gavin McInnes.

I'm sure NZ has a registry.

We used to have a long gun registry and that included 500 + FPS air guns. Because the criminal code and firearm act. List airguns as firearms and subject to the same rules. It was great when they removed it. So why wouldn't these groups help? It shoots lead, normally the gate way to firearms for youths. HECK even a Canadian firearm magazine ( Calibre ) did 5 page article on air guns. And how they are not your Red Ryders anymore.

We got CSSA, CFFR, NFA. All in the best interest for firearm owners. If airgun are in trouble. I'm sure they would be in the fight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:50 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
..., How did the police know he owned the airguns?...

join facebook group
join airgun forum
list city
use real name
list your guns
attach pictures, of oneself and guns

"...Social media is playing a role, as police seem to be using popular platforms to find leads on gun owners who still have possession of their now-prohibited guns..."

BTW..
I sold ALL my guns last weekend.

i just like hanging around here w you guys.

Leon(ish)

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:00 pm 

In 1775 the British government declared Americans must surrender their firearms to the crown. In 1776, the Americans shot them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:10 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
All we see is the letter. We don't know history, doctor diagnosis, Prescription meds. Groups he may or may not belong to. History of charges ect.

I have a friend that has never been in trouble with the law . He runs the road department for a city here in Ontario. He rode his bike into a certain motorcycle club party and police were filming everyone's plates. Four years later he applied for a gun licence because he wanted to shoot with me and they told him he had a ten year ban on him over his plate been seen at a MC 1%er club event.

They have to have a trial in order to do that. He would have to be served with a subpoena from the cop requesting the order, and a trial to see if he should be banned would take place. Your friend is likely leaving something out of this story.