Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:28 pm 

Yesterday, I went out to a local Wendy's for lunch, which is on a fairly busy main road. I was driving, my mother was a passenger.

When I pulled into the parking lot, there were teenagers in their Catholic high school uniforms running across it without looking, not even checking if there's a car coming, I had to do sudden stops a couple times.

Then after I ate, and I left, I saw a group of teens just randomly run from one side of the main road to the other, when there was oncoming traffic coming, they didn't even wait for a large gap in traffic, they just ran with complete disregard for anyone else's or even their own goddamn safety.

Their behavior was clearly, irresponsible, immature, and careless or what I would call "idiotic". I'm aware that as teenagers their brains are not fully developed, however I was a teenager too, not that long ago, I was like the previous generation of teenager if you will, and the worst thing I did at least was a little bit of smoking and selling cigarettes for about a month underage, that's it, I never did anything that would put myself or others in danger though, I wasn't an actual idiot like that, and from what I saw none of my peers ever did anything dangerous like these kids did.

My mother said that if she behaved like that, back in her childhood and teenage years, she would've gotten spanked at home.

Frankly, if one of these dunces get hit one day, I won't have a shred of sympathy for them, that'd simply be the consequences of their idiotic actions.

Not just this, but when I told a friend of mine about this, he mentioned how he was having dinner once and at the table behind him were two teens who clearly weren't raised right prank calling 911.

Of course every older generation has claimed that the young people are being "destroyed" by something, whether it be comic books, music, movies, video games, dungeons and dragons, etc. However I'm not talking about what the teens of today are "into" but rather their behavior. I don't know what is is, but it seems like the parents of many teens today either don't care, or aren't around enough (if at all) to properly raise their kids. To quote Marilyn Manson "... it's sad that parents don't know what their kids are doing.".

In the satanic religion, there is a concept called "responsibility to the responsible", which means that the person responsible for X thing, is also responsible for the consequences of X thing. This can also simply be summed up as "personal responsibility" or "people are responsible for their own actions". It seems apparent to myself at least, that many young people aren't being taught this rather important concept, which to me is just sad.

What I am interested in is, what is the root cause of the extremely poor behavior and decision making of many teens today? Personally, I think it's careless or absent parents. I do also think that unfortunately society is failing a large amount of children these days, whether it be children being allowed to get away with more bad behavior without consequences, less (too little) strict parents, or as I already mentioned, absent parents.

My parents were never all that strict really, but when I did do something wrong, they let me know, and there were consequences for it. If I were a parent, and my kids were to behave like the two examples mentioned above, I can assure you, I would put severe consequences in place for a while. A long with things like free thinking, logic, self-reliance, and individuality, I would also teach them personal responsibility or "responsibility to the responsible" as Satanists put it.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:06 pm 

Leaving religion out of it, since it has nothing to do with it up bringing. Common sense isn't so common anymore. If you get hit by a car, only person to blame is their self.

Unfortunately you are the same generation as them. You're a Generation Y or Millennial. Has to do with children having children. And the parents not growing up. Poor parenting is only thing to blame.

Blaming video games, music etc is a crock of shyt. Normally an excuse to pass the blame, that you are were poor parent.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:21 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

Blaming video games, music etc is a crock of shyt. Normally an excuse to pass the blame, that you are were poor parent.

Couldn't agree more with that.

There was a ridiculous case back in the 80's where parents of a teenage boy that shot himself in the head, blamed and tried to sue Ozzy Osbourne for it, because the teen was apparently listening to his song "suicide solution" (which is really about alcoholism) when he did it. They said their son had mental health issue and was suicidal.

My first reaction when hearing about this case was "if you knew your son had mental health issues, and was suicidal, why did you have guns and ammunition in the house, especially in a place where he could get his hands on them?!?".

Honestly, if I had someone with those issues where I lived, I would ask a buddy from my club to hold onto my stuff for me.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:30 pm 

We are in a world of bringing up kids who have ZERO responsibilities in many, if not most families. They are not grade marked in school - everyone gets a 'pass' or pat on the head for just
being there. Teachers who have failed students for not handing in "work" have been fired, fined or "laid off" or at least severely chastised by the school districts for this mistreatment of the
students. There is no demand for personal responsibility. Responsibility is not taught, at home or in the school. Later on these students do not do well in University, either. They have not been taught how to cope with ANY disappointments - anyone who disagrees with them is attacking them - micro or not so micro aggression and assault. The cannot even cope with a disagreement and need crying closets, safe spaces and soothing puppies to help get over disappointments. This is "Social Justice" in a nut shell.
All of this is laid out in Sol Alinski's books - it is the dumbing down of society. 2 generations is all that is/was needed. THEY will want more Government control to help make them feel safe.
Seems it is working very well, actually.

Last edited by Daryl on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:30 pm 

Wanted to play a video game when I was a teenager it cost a quarter and ten cents for the bus. Got 2 games for the quarter. :( Surprised the teenagers were not looking down at their cell phones when running across the road. :) :) Look at one Nascar driver who is 20 and never drove a single vehicle until he was 16. He learned on video games. Most in racing started young with go carts. What does that tell you? Tells me maybe all these killing games and movies may have something to do with it. CHEERS!

Last edited by wheeliehd on Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:40 pm 

Daryl wrote:
We are in a world of bringing up kids who have ZERO responsibilities in many, if not most families. They are not grade marked in school - everyone gets a 'pass' or pat on the head for just
being there. Teachers who have failed students for not handing in "work" have been fired, fined or "laid off" or at least severely chastised by the school districts for this mistreatment of the
students. There is no demand for personal responsibility. Responsibility is not taught, at home or in the school. Later on these students do not do well in University, either. They have not been taught how to cope with ANY disappointments - anyone who disagrees with them is attacking them - micro or not so micro aggression and assault. The cannot even cope with a disagreement and need crying closets, safe spaces and soothing puppies to help get over disappointments. This is "Social Justice" in a nut shell.
All of this is laid out in Sol Alinski's books - it is the dumbing down of society. 2 generations is all that is/was needed. THEY will want more Government control to help make them feel safe.
Seems it is working very well, actually.

And men are no longer men, and you cannot punish or discipline kids anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:57 pm 

Just some weeks ago, a higher grade ( grade 8 or something ) student in the same school with my daughter was hit and injuried badly when crossing a very busy road nearby as a result of running crossed the road without obeying the traffic night.

I just thinking the same 'idiot!', when I received the email sent to the parents from the school and thought he's just so stupid and bought too much trouble to his family and EVERYONE. The major and only victim in the case is the driver who follow the lights and traffic rules but just with too bad of luck and hit this assholX.

Of course I didn't give a cent in the following fund raising in the school for this guy as he will need months to recover. Maybe I am too bad, but I just don't like this kind of ppl at all.

I didn't teach my kids too many things, especially homeworks which as English is my second language and without a dictionary I can't even understand what the questions about... but responsibility, consideration, don't bring trouble to other person are just the very basic of the basics...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:01 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
and you cannot punish or discipline kids anymore.

Yeah, agreed! So, the school and teachers play a big part in here as usually the kids will listen to the teachers more than the parents...

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:06 pm 

and that brings us back to this....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLpE1Pa8v ... cy=3&rel=0

Bob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:32 pm 

Of course,

I have not experienced bad parenting or bad family, because of my family being entirely Polish, and Polish culture is very different.

Polish families are close, and do not tolerate poor behavior, at least from my experience. Polish families tend to stick together too, so you don't often get divorces, or families that are split up or anything like that. Polish parents take raising children very seriously.

I remember when I first went to college and lived in a dorm, I had to do some grocery shopping, but I had a lot to carry back from the store, even though the store was walking distance. My roommate who went with me, said to just take the shopping cart back to the dorm, but I didn't feel right about that, so after we got back to the dorm, I went back to the store with the empty shopping cart, just to drop it back off where the carts are collected, because I felt that not returning it would be stealing.

Last edited by Twiggy on Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:32 pm 

rsterne wrote:
and that brings us back to this....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hLpE1Pa8v ... cy=3&rel=0

Bob

Ho god :( I'm depressed...

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:37 pm 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
and you cannot punish or discipline kids anymore.

Yeah, agreed! So, the school and teachers play a big part in here as usually the kids will listen to the teachers more than the parents...

Teachers and parents just give a kid a tablet, and let them go on their way.. Bring back the Library and having to find the answers for themselves. Bring back trades like shop, auto mechanics etc. But they teach them its okay to lose, since you get a prize. Its okay to fail. Because you don't get held back. And now they are trying to erase history.

I failed grade 10 math and I had to goto summer school, In order to advance to grade 11. Heck I went to college in 2013 and I said the word GAY..The deal they made. They made it seem like I was KKK. I got asked if I wanted to go back to college? I asked them, can there be adult college, where I don't need to deal with 18 years old without any work ethics?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:46 pm 

I went to college in 2013 too, graduated 2015.

It turned out what I thought I wanted to do, wasn't right for me, but I did make the most of it still and switched into a general program and took some history, psychology, and human sexuality classes, advanced my general education.

I could already see the PC culture forming, glad I got out before it became really bad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:12 pm 

I mostly agree with all this, lol, but at the same time I would say there is good and bad about every generation and overall culture. Also, there is still lots of young people, at least in Saskatchewan, that grow up learning to be responsible, work hard, and not think the world should be handed to them on a platter.
I've just finished my masters degree after 20 years away from school and was impressed by a lot of my young classmates.
Not everyone young is so dumb, and I bet if you went back 40 years you'd find morons that were doing stupid things that got themselves killed just as much as today. Drunk driving, for instance, was very common in young people when I was young, and also in my parents time as teens. We're all dumb when we're young, and I bet there was a lot of horrible parenting going on back then as well. In fact, the big majority of baby boomers I've had come to me in my counseling practice had terrible parents, beating them, drunk all the time, sexually abusing them, awful things. A lot of Dads were just terrible. Of course, that is probably not representative of how things were in that generation, but it shows terrible things were going on then as now, and it could be argued this generation of parents could well be a product of the terrible parenting of their own parents, and on down the line.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:33 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
I went to college in 2013 too, graduated 2015.

It turned out what I thought I wanted to do, wasn't right for me, but I did make the most of it still and switched into a general program and took some history, psychology, and human sexuality classes, advanced my general education.

I could already see the PC culture forming, glad I got out before it became really bad.

I'm not the same age as you, just because I went to college in 2013. Actually I joined the army in 2001, graduated basic before I graduated highschool. So my mentality, work ethic is much different. I went to college for a trade. Not highschool drama. Only reason why I don't want to go back to college. The PC being a factor. Is the laziness of the youth. My grade shouldn't suffer, because a 18 year old isn't taking it seriously.

And wasn't my teacher that ratted me. He was in the corner rolling his eyes, just as much as I did. It was some lazy 20 year old kid that did.

And Wes you are correct, there was some youths in college that were great, but there was more that were worst. I have friends or should say had friends. 35 years old, still living with their parents, so they can have 2 cars. Hang around immature kids, that don't take things seriously. Then complain about how immature they are.