Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: UTG Shooter's Bipod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 pm 

Bought on Amazon for $39. Seems pretty sturdy , I will be using it for target shooting off a bench. It swivels and legs extend about half an inch. Small and light, also comes with an adapter for sling stud which I needed to attach to my rifle.
Good value for the money I think, the adapter costs over $30 on it own.

Attachments:
Bipod 005 (765x800).jpg
Bipod 005 (765x800).jpg [ 686.31 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
Bipod 003 (1024x683).jpg
Bipod 003 (1024x683).jpg [ 489.19 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]
Bipod 001 (1024x445).jpg
Bipod 001 (1024x445).jpg [ 368.46 KiB | Viewed 164 times ]

Post subject: Re: UTG Shooter's Bipod
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:14 am 

Very nice setup there, I don't know if its only me, but I find that stock very sexy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:54 am 

Yeah it is a nice stock, I think Minnelli is the maker.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:17 am 

Not anywhere close to enough height adjustment for me off a bench. But I have two rows of targets five feet high. So I went and bought a different style. They say it is 6 to 9 but my 6 inch Harris bipod is higher when closed. Five year warranty on the bipod. Very nice bipod. CHEERS!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00M2T ... UTF8&psc=1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:59 am 

robertr wrote:
Bought on Amazon for $39. Seems pretty sturdy , I will be using it for target shooting off a bench. It swivels and legs extend about half an inch. Small and light, also comes with an adapter for sling stud which I needed to attach to my rifle.
Good value for the money I think, the adapter costs over $30 on it own.

I have the same Bi-Pod,bought from a fellow forum member.I find that it is not quite high enough.Anybody no if you can buy extention legs.I really like the rest of the pod.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
Not anywhere close to enough height adjustment for me off a bench. But I have two rows of targets five feet high. So I went and bought a different style. They say it is 6 to 9 but my 6 inch Harris bipod is higher when closed. Five year warranty on the bipod. Very nice bipod. CHEERS!

Would you happen to no if that one,will attach to the BI-Pod in the first post thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:52 am 

wheeliehd wrote:

Topic is about UTG.

Unless you get a actual Harris. I found all cheap knock off's flimsy, worst when you extend the legs, the ones I had were crooked, even on a level surface. Had to use the legs to level it. I got a UTG like the OP and its way more solid than a Harris clone. I buy bipod based on how low I can get. The lower, the more stable. I never understood when people go out and buy these 6-9, and jack it to 9", why not just buy a 9" starting off?

I like how little rail space it needed. Was perfect on my Rebel. I didn't like the 2.5" adapter you needed to run the harris clone. Plus I don't like running too many adapters. But its solid and great for the money.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:58 am 

wheeliehd wrote:

I have one of those, I found it heavy and hate the springs but to each his own.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:21 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

Topic is about UTG.

Unless you get a actual Harris.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm 

Tallieho1 wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

Would you happen to no if that one,will attach to the BI-Pod in the first post thanks

It would connect onto the front eye hole on the mount you have. CHEERS!