Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:30 pm 

Looking for a full auto.....Umarex Steel Force and GSG 92

Daisy 15XT
Daisy Model 93
Crosman 1008
Crosman 760
Crosman 1077

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:59 pm 

Crosman DPMS SBR or Beretta 92a1 are all full auto and probably better choice!

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:17 pm 

Go on.....

Canadianguy wrote:
Crosman DPMS SBR or Beretta 92a1 are all full auto and probably better choice!

Daisy 15XT
Daisy Model 93
Crosman 1008
Crosman 760
Crosman 1077

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:41 pm 

I was just saying! Nothing to sell here!

sorry

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:43 pm 

No no, I mean what makes you say that the Crosman or Beretta would be a better choice? I'm honestly interested to hear your viewpoint

Canadianguy wrote:
I was just saying! Nothing to sell here!

sorry

Daisy 15XT
Daisy Model 93
Crosman 1008
Crosman 760
Crosman 1077

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:08 pm 

i can talk for the Crosman SBR, It's made to shoot semi or full auto and the heft and look and functionality is all there too. Steel force is good to but, there is better,now a days but maybe a little more expensive! I have both...

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:38 pm 

Hmm , and I can give some idea on the M92A1, which is also a very good almost prefect replica to the real one, also has semi and full auto, real heavy and full metal included co2 combined drop free mag. (The only down side is accuracy especially in full auto...)

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:31 pm 

The Steel Force came out in 2013 and was an advanced BB gun at the time. But now 6 or so years later they have come out with a number of full auto assault type BB rifles that may be a bit more advanced. Sort of like comparing the electronic features on a car that came out 6 years ago with the technology in cars today.

Both are good, just the modern ones may be more advanced.

You can't go wrong with either the Steel Force, or the DPMS. Two different price points for two different guns.

The better question may be, the Steel Force vs. it's newer version, the Steel Strike. The price points on these two are closer. Also, more similar types of airguns.

Is one a better choice? Answer is, it is all a function of price. Both are good BB guns. One cost a lot more, but has more "advanced" features. Both shoot fairly accurately (or at least mine do). Both are fun to shoot. You get a couple of more shots per CO2 with the Steel Force. But DPMS gives you full-auto, 25 shots in one trigger pull, vs. 6 shot bursts with Steel Force. Steel Forces holds 300 BBs in reservoir, and 30 shots in internal mag. Need to do the shake to fill the mag. But a little faster to reload than the 25 mag. in the DPMS, even with the speedloader included, as you have to remove the mag.

If you buy the DPMS, I recommend you use Black Diamond BB's to prevent any possible jams. The Steel Force seems to work well with the less expensive regular Umarex BBs.

I would say the Steel Force, is now more of an entry level, based on price and materials (plastic). But is was not when it first came out.

Also the Beretta M92A1, full auto BB gun is unique. Heavy pistol (similar to the real firearm), powerful blowback, full sized mag., and flip the "fun switch" (to quote Pryamyd Air) for full auto. Not going to win any target competitions, but that isn't the point of this airgun.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:16 am 

Just want to give thanks to Canadianguy, YepYep and BB1Shooter for your comments....I appreciate that you took your time to offer alternative suggestions and to give some context on the guns I was looking at that I would otherwise not have known. It's so nice to come across a positive community on the Internet!

Daisy 15XT
Daisy Model 93
Crosman 1008
Crosman 760
Crosman 1077

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:47 am 

You are very welcome ~

Sorry I don't have hands on experience on the GSG92, can't provide any info about it.

For the Steel Force, actually I don't like mine too much as a bit jamming, silly shaking shaking reload... Too plastic...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm 

mcrooty wrote:
Just want to give thanks to Canadianguy, YepYep and BB1Shooter for your comments....I appreciate that you took your time to offer alternative suggestions and to give some context on the guns I was looking at that I would otherwise not have known. It's so nice to come across a positive community on the Internet!

No problem come back any time, that reminds of the Steel Force loading and shaking of the BBs to load :rolleyes:

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
mcrooty wrote:

No problem come back any time, that reminds of the Steel Force loading and shaking of the BBs to load :rolleyes:

Took my SF apart and made the small feeding hole a bit bigger, much easier now. But that follower spring is a nightmare if you do it wrong, held in place by the false canon :evil:

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP.