Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:16 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hi Yannick,

I was looking for a Chronograph myself a few months back, and after doing some research, purchased a Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX -I believe this unit offers the features, accuracy and connectivity you are looking for. The smart phone and PC apps work flawlessly, and results can be edited and emailed in various formats. My iPhone app even announces the shots in FPS. Accuracy quoted at +/- 5%. Mine works like a charm, no regrets in choosing this one. There are optional indoor led lighting strips available from the manufacturer, but if I ever have need, I'll just buy a couple rigid 12V LED strips off eBay (which can easily be bent into a curve) and make my own with a 12 volt DC wall Wart supply.

Here is a link to the manufacturers web site: https://www.competitionelectronics.com/ ... hrono-dlx/

I purchased mine from Pyramid Air down in the states but I see one can purchase on Amazon.ca as well: https://www.amazon.ca/Competition-Elect ... B0028MTBJ4

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Hatsan BT65 SB /Sightron SIII
Benjamin Marauder /Hawke Airmax
Cometa Orion /MTC Viper Pro
Weihrauch HW100S /Leapers SWAT
QB78D Modified HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Super 6 / Aztec

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:53 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
Hi Yannick,

I was looking for a Chronograph myself a few months back, and after doing some research, purchased a Competition Electronics ProChrono DLX -I believe this unit offers the features, accuracy and connectivity you are looking for. The smart phone and PC apps work flawlessly, and results can be edited and emailed in various formats. My iPhone app even announces the shots in FPS. Accuracy quoted at +/- 5%. Mine works like a charm, no regrets in choosing this one. There are optional indoor led lighting strips available from the manufacturer, but if I ever have need, I'll just buy a couple rigid 12V LED strips off eBay (which can easily be bent into a curve) and make my own with a 12 volt DC wall Wart supply.

Here is a link to the manufacturers web site: https://www.competitionelectronics.com/ ... hrono-dlx/

I purchased mine from Pyramid Air down in the states but I see one can purchase on Amazon.ca as well: https://www.amazon.ca/Competition-Elect ... B0028MTBJ4

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Great! Ill be ordering this one, found it here in Canada

https://www.oshoot.ca/en/chronographs/8 ... graph.html

Seems like the lower pro model is about $40-$50 cheaper but doesn't include the built in Bluetooth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:43 pm 

Get a protector for the front of your chrony because you're going to shoot it.
It's not a question of if but when!
I was sure it didn't apply to me but I clipped mine, it's still working but I chipped the back sensor. A protector wouldn't have saved it.
Get a thick piece of lexan so you can still see thru it?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:33 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
Get a protector for the front of your chrony because you're going to shoot it.
It's not a question of if but when!
I was sure it didn't apply to me but I clipped mine, it's still working but I chipped the back sensor. A protector wouldn't have saved it.
Get a thick piece of lexan so you can still see thru it?

Great, appreciate the advice! The one I ordered is Bluetooth via phone/tablet so I think ill really be able to put anything in front of it since I don't need to see the readout directly.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:32 pm 

Looks like you can get a debris shield for it:
https://www.competitionelectronics.com/ ... is-shield/
Not sure what kind of pellet abuse it would survive though...