Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:32 am 

This is nice ~ however it said the barrel is shrounded, is there any chance we can get this gun in Canada?

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 am 

Here you go:

https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/air-arms ... stock.html

https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/air-arms ... stock.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 am 

Not sure if it had been removed shround or something as I was told silencer, shround etc anything can reduce the sound level are prohibited in Canada....

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 am 

YepYep wrote:
Not sure if it had been removed shround or something as I was told silencer, shround etc anything can reduce the sound level are prohibited in Canada....

Shroud, no it does nothing to quiet the shot and is not prohibited. It's the same system used in the HW97 and maybe the TX200 as well, the barrel itself is very short, maybe 10", the rest of it is shroud.

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 am 

YepYep wrote:

your thinking of a silencer and yes the silencers are illegal in Canada
think of a barrel shroud as an outer sleeve that covers the barrel making the barrel look thicker
my friend has a pro sport so i know you can get them here, i had the pleasure
of shooting it and was very impressed with it, i have an HW97 and an HW77 and love them both
but was very satisfied with the pro sport...the trigger is incredible, maybe a bit to soft/light for some people
but i found it a pleasure to shoot, very accurate and smooth right out of the box.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:03 pm 

I remember we discussed here before for a new rifle that just announced ( sorry I don't remember what it is...), ppl talked about the shround have to be removed before imports into Canada... So I remember this... And just thinking without the shround, the rifles will look very ugly...

And I read the introduction of the Pro Sport on the website, it also mentioned the shround helps reduce the sound level...

I bought some cheap carbon fiber tubes from eBay and put it on the muzzle ( only the end, half, all down...) of my 30/35 to see if it would look better... And I also found the sound did changed, not being reduce for any but just like change the tone a little bit...

The Pro Sport looks very good! It has bearings to reduce the cocking effort and the pre-tuned LW barrel makes it will shoot at its best out of the box!!

However...9lbs looks very very heavy to me....

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:23 pm 

YepYep wrote:
I remember we discussed here before for a new rifle that just announced ( sorry I don't remember what it is...), ppl talked about the shround have to be removed before imports into Canada... So I remember this... And just thinking without the shround, the rifles will look very ugly...

And I read the introduction of the Pro Sport on the website, it also mentioned the shround helps reduce the sound level...

I bought some cheap carbon fiber tubes from eBay and put it on the muzzle ( only the end, half, all down...) of my 30/35 to see if it would look better... And I also found the sound did changed, not being reduce for any but just like change the tone a little bit...

The Pro Sport looks very good! It has bearings to reduce the cocking effort and the pre-tuned LW barrel makes it will shoot at its best out of the box!!

My understanding is the quality springers from the factory although "tuned" are built to endure much usage over time. The parts are solid and heavy producing a noticeable shot cycle. Throw in a tuning kit with their lighter more compliant parts and the experience is transformed. Significantly smoother and quieter. More accurate? Maybe not but perhaps easier to reproduce accuracy.

9lbs + may be heavy for lugging around the bush all day but is that really what the prosport was designed for? Not saying you couldn't but such a beautiful ag to get all nicked up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:50 pm 

YepYep wrote:

some shrouds have suppressors built in that would be illegal....A muzzle shroud, linear compensator or concussion reduction device is a sleeve (either circular or otherwise) that attaches to and extends beyond the muzzle of a firearm[1] to redirect[2] some of the noise and concussion (shock wave) from the muzzle blast forward and away from the shooter and others standing behind and to the sides.[3]

A muzzle shroud is similar to a barrel shroud with the difference that it only surrounds the far end of the barrel known as a muzzle. It can be a muzzle extension or muzzle device. It could be considered a flash suppressor without circumferential openings.

A muzzle shroud differs from a sound suppressor in that its primary function is not to suppress the sound, but merely redirect it so to increase the comfort of the shooter, reducing the concussion to a comfortable level.

as for the weight all the rifles we are talking about and have discussed are all in the same 9 to 9.5lbs class

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:08 pm 

Actually I am not a potential buyer for these type of high end springers (yet, and at least for right now), just very interested in learning something new~

I have my 35E which just about 8lbs, and maybe 9lbs includes the scope and mount... And it's heavy to me so actually I always shoot it seated and a few times I almost hurt my finger or wrist when I changing hands etc without precaution... So for a heavier 10lbs weight looks a bit too heavy... But weights are not always bad... The 35E gives me a very stable feel and shoots very well when seated...

Back to the shround... If the shround on the prosport, HW97 etc just a barrel extension... What's the usage for adding the shround to the gun? Just for bettet looking as the 10 inch barrel just too short?!

And when picking up kind of high end springers, should I choose one with shround or without shround??

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:17 pm 

YepYep wrote:
And when picking up kind of high end springers, should I choose one with shround or without shround??

personal preference, shrouded barrels just look nice to me... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:23 pm 

if you think the ones we have discussed are awkward to shoot you should try the
Hatsan proxima ...scoped
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Proxima_ ... Rifle/4442

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:30 pm 

I’ve got to be honest I was about to pull the trigger on a new springer and now I’m doubting whether I should get .177 or .22 caliber.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:44 pm 

[emoji38]

This is really really a good question ~
We need to discuss it for another week ~ :winks:

I think the best answer is get both ~ (if you have enough money and place )

Assuming you have you PAL... I think IMO, I will get a 177 first as faster muzzle speed and flatter trajectory, easier to manager and enjoy... And if for hunting, as ppl said, just with same killing power when you land your pellet properly...

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:56 pm 

Ejdavis wrote:
I’ve got to be honest I was about to pull the trigger on a new springer and now I’m doubting whether I should get .177 or .22 caliber.

what are you mostly going to be doing with it...?
if its just to have fun and target shoot then .177... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:07 pm 

YepYep wrote:
[emoji38]

This is really really a good question ~
We need to discuss it for another week ~ :winks:

I think the best answer is get both ~ (if you have enough money and place )

Assuming you have you PAL... I think IMO, I will get a 177 first as faster muzzle speed and flatter trajectory, easier to manager and enjoy... And if for hunting, as ppl said, just with same killing power when you land your pellet properly...

Yes I have my PAL and I wish I could get both but that’s a little too much $$ for me.