Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:15 pm 

Hello Gents,

I have this certain Hatsan 135 0.177, which is proving difficult to figure out. I've had it for years and been messing with it off and on, just couldn't get any consistent accuracy. This morning I went to the range to shoot my PBs, saw it in the corner of the gun safe, and said... hell with it, I'm going to figure this thing out... I'm going to Chrony this rifle, since I've never had it over the chrony yet...

Using JSB Exact 10.35, I get velocity strings ranging between 782 and 923 FPS ( Can post shotstrings if someone can help me figure this out ), I said to myself AHA! This is why it won't shoot worth a litter, its all over the board velocity wise.

I had some Crosman Silicone Chamber Oil, and even though I think that I read that the synthetic seals don't need any oil added through transfer port... I put in 3 very tiny drops. Then it started to go supersonic... 1215+ FPS... So its either dieseling off the Crosman Silicone Oil (Which How the hell, thought this wasn't suppose to combust) or the rifle is operating at its peak efficiency.

Anyone offer me some insight what to do with this rifle?! So frickin Frustrated!

Anyways it got dark, never even got to chrony my new handloads...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:34 pm 

Though I never had one in my hands, I'd start by checking the seals, and barrel lock-up. Do the tissue test by putting a tissue over the breech and take a shot, if the tissue moves, the breech seal is leaking. To check the piston seal, you could break the barrel open just enough to be able to put a finger over the transfer port, and break it almost to the point it will cock. If you feel a suction on your finger tip, the seal should be good. To check barrel lock-up, with the barrel closed try to wiggle it up and down to see if there's play. Even the smallest amount of play could cause the breech seal to leak. With almost 150 fps of spread, something is definitely wrong. HTH.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:14 pm 

Need help posting something? Drop me a PM with the images. Doug (Wilm995) has also been helpful to many wanting to post images. If you'd like to learn for future use, check out this post: topic80667.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:31 pm 

Thankyou for your advice! I figured seals too, I added some oil to see, like like a Wet Compression Test on Engine Cylinders.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:18 pm 

Td85 wrote:
Thankyou for your advice! I figured seals too, I added some oil to see, like like a Wet Compression Test on Engine Cylinders.

You're welcome! Please let us know how it turns out :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm 

Thinking about this kit, anyone have an opinions?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/173327598853?ul_noapp=true