Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm 

$500 for a microwave, that's crazy lol, are you guys a restaurant or something? That's commercial microwave pricing right there.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:00 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
$500 for a microwave, that's crazy lol, are you guys a restaurant or something? That's commercial microwave pricing right there.

Nope that's the price for one that hangs from the cupboard and has a range hood built in the bottom and it is vented out the top cupboard to the outside.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:03 pm 

^

I would've told her "best I can do is up to $200 counter top" Damn women and their ridiculous obsession with kitchens.

"I went to god just to see, and I was looking at me" - Marilyn Manson, "The Reflecting God" (1996).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
^

I would've told her "best I can do is up to $200 counter top" Damn women and their ridiculous obsession with kitchens.

My wife gets anything she wants. She is the only person that can make my life a living hell any time she chooses. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 pm 

This reminds me of a scene from the last episode of a new sitcom this year called "Fam".

*wife says her father can stay with her and her husband*

Husband: Do I get any say in this?

Husband's Father: Nope, you're married now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:33 pm 

I've got 4 kids all at home and so our microwave gets used quite often, and we've just got a cheap Danby from Walmart, 1000watt that we've had 8 years or so. Still working good.
Thats true about having a happy wife gives a happy life =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:21 pm 

Twiggy wrote:

My microwave cost a lot more than that and it was totally worth it. Every single penny.

Nice kitchens are not only a woman thing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:24 am 

Twiggy wrote:
^

but it's cheaper, and I can do it at home.

But equally as unhealthy. You save money, pay else wheres.

Twiggy wrote:
^

Nice sexist stereotype.. Kitchens are more then for women. Gotta think of kitchens as social things. Bigger they are, the more likely to do things as partners, or try new things, or have company. And in parties, where do must people hang out? The Kitchen.

I'm about to put more cabinets in mine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:08 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Gotta think of kitchens as social things. Bigger they are, the more likely to do things as partners, or try new things, or have company. And in parties, where do must people hang out? The Kitchen.

I'm about to put more cabinets in mine.

Yeah ~ that's correct! I would like to have a bigger kitchen rather than a dining room or TV room... My sinks just too small, the counter just too small, the refrigerator just too small... Just because our kitchen is just too small ~

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 am 

You guys would be amazed at how small our house is.... we live in 500 sq.ft…. The Kitchen, which doubles as our Motel Office is 170 sq.ft. and our Living/Dining room is the same.... Our Bedroom and Bathroom, together total 170 sq.ft.... We added another room for a Laundry room for the Motel which contains all our closet space (linen, storage & clothes), and it is the largest room, at about 250 sq.ft., but we keep the temperature in there at 60*F and the door closed, it's not really "lived in".... although it sure is vital.... It functions as a basement normally would, I guess, but all on the same level....

The crazy thing is that we have all the room we need for the two of us.... and would never go back to living in a large (or even a "normal") house.... Of course we have a 2-car garage, for our car and ATV, at that contains my shop as well.... and it's nearly as large as the house, just under 500 sq.ft…. :lol:

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 am 

But I lived cozy enough in 600-800 sq foot apartments. My house is only 900 SQ feet. But enough for the wife and I. Plus the 2 dogs to live in.

I like big kitchen, and big bathrooms. Only down side about our house. The bathroom is too small for both of us, and the toilet is right against the wall.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:58 pm 

Not gonna be buying anything for at least another week, if not the end of the month.

I've always seen microwaves at thrift shops passing by the appliances sections, so I'll check those out, hopefully I could find an older better one there, for much less than a brand new fancy but not very good one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:06 am 
Supporting Member 2009

If getting one used, make sure the glass plate/turntable is there.

Not sure about your location, but I can usually find what I'm looking for on Kijiji at great prices, just have to be patient, and willing to drive if need be. Some deals are worth the drive, but I love driving.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:34 am 

PANASONIC...! Is the best Microwave I have ever owned .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:58 am 

Purchase made.

Good amount of space inside, and 1100W! Was on sale. Panasonic too!

$118 roll back at Walmart.

In an hour I am going to make one of the Hungry Man meals I bought, in it, and it will be the first use of the microwave (not counting the cup of water I used as a test). Got a king can of mountain dew for exactly $1, all in all, with the taxes, I have lunch for under $6 today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next