Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 am 

Twiggy wrote:
Purchase made.

Good amount of space inside, and 1100W! Was on sale. Panasonic too!

$118 roll back at Walmart.

In an hour I am going to make one of the Hungry Man meals I bought, in it, and it will be the first use of the microwave (not counting the cup of water I used as a test). Got a king can of mountain dew for exactly $1, all in all, with the taxes, I have lunch for under $6 today.

And super unhealthy. Save money, but die faster. Higher risk of gout. Ever see those diabetics and over weight people at the Grocery stores with the shopping cart, full of pop? Can't say last time I drank pop.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:20 am 

first meal made with it, did a great job.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:27 am 

Twiggy wrote:
Purchase made.

Good amount of space inside, and 1100W! Was on sale. Panasonic too!

$118 roll back at Walmart.

the cup of water I used as a test).

Nice price and good value ~

And hope you already know the precaution about using microwave to heat liquid ( water,.tea, coffee etc) as it may be over heated to over 100 degree, but it looks still not boiled, and when you touch it, the whole water in the glass became boiled at the flash of time and would hurt you seriously...

Of course, do NOT nuke eggs.... [emoji38] it looks funny, but don't use your own microwave to try that ~ haha~

So you got the very convenient thing in your kitchen, and try you best to use it less and give your body an healther life....

I know it's hard, try your best ~ my sugar level has been high for some years, although not became diabetes but is HIGH... I need to avoid pops, sweet things....bala bala.... But it's just hard to get them all off my life... Just try to eat those things less....

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm 

The only way to properly cook eggs is with thick sliced bacon and in bacon grease. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY
or poached on (white) buttered toast. lol - personal preferences abound.
Of course I don't get ANY of that nowadays- except for poached on toast (unbuttered of course)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:39 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The only way to properly cook eggs is with thick sliced bacon and in bacon grease. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY
Of course I don't get ANY of that nowadays- except for poached on toast (unbuttered of course)

yeeeeeees.. And cannot cook bacon in a microwave..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:44 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Of course, do NOT nuke eggs....

Actually, that is one thing a microwave can do for you really well and really cheap: egg Mcmuffins.
Get a microwavable bowl, I use the big coffee mugs from dollar store but any microwaveable bowl about 3" diameter will work. Crack 2 eggs into the bowl, whisk lightly with a fork, add salt and pepper as you like - cover with a plate or saran wrap, nuke for 1.5 minutes, dump it out over toasted muffin with or without cheese, add whatever meat you like (heated in microwave if you want) Egg Mcmuffin .. under $1.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 pm 

There is just my wife and me... so we have two microwaves. :lol: Use them both daily.
Just checked - mine is a 12 year old Panasonic; hers is a 30 year old Danby.

As for using it for something healthy, it's great for frozen veggies. Neither of us likes to cook so we eat a lot of frozen entrees supplemented by frozen veggies. She also does the corn on the cob wrapped in wet paper towel thing.

Three things I would hate to live without - the internet, an e-reader, and a microwave.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:42 pm 

....uhh... I correct my post - do not nuke egg that not cracked and with shell on it.... [emoji38]

Before years ago, I heard the janitor complained about night shift or someone nuked an egg in the microwave occasionally... And the 'exploded' egg just sticked on every corner inside the microwave and gave her a very hard time to clean.... But ppl know how to do the eggs right now and Didn't see this thing a very long time already, but still fresh in my mind every time I imagine how the egg get 'BOOWWWW~' on the other side of the glass.....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:11 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:

You can definitely cook bacon in a microwave. Just takes some paper towel under and over the bacon for the anti splatter. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes. Comes out crispy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
Daryl wrote:

You can definitely cook bacon in a microwave. Just takes some paper towel under and over the bacon for the anti splatter. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes. Comes out crispy.

I don't like crispy bacon..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:38 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

What is this blasphemy? How can you not like crispy bacon!?! :axe:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:10 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

What is this blasphemy? How can you not like crispy bacon!?! :axe:

You're talking to someone with a bacon engraved wedding band. I like bacon. I don't like crispy bacon, I like chewy.

Here bacon from the local butchers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:11 pm 

I can't stand chewy bacon.

To each their own I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:16 pm 

Hmm ~ I like chewy bacon too ~ [emoji38]

And the bacon from leadslinger's local store just looks SOOOOO delicious! Much better than any thing I can buy from the supermarkets~

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:28 pm 

Twiggy wrote:
I can't stand chewy bacon.

To each their own I guess.

Crispy bacon loses it flavor. Chewy is still juicy. I'm talking chewy, like beef jerky consistency. But I will take a 1" thick steak and cook it for 2 mins on each side.

YepYep wrote:
Hmm ~ I like chewy bacon too ~ [emoji38]

And the bacon from leadslinger's local store just looks SOOOOO delicious! Much better than any thing I can buy from the supermarkets~

The store that sells it, is a gas station, convenience store, also sells ammo and hunting supplies. It's a sister store of Lequilles. Which is a gas station, gun store, convenience store, sells moonshine. They are the ones that smokes the meat etc. That's 10$ worth. It barely shrinks, it's not slimy, not full of preservatives. Doesn't give you a pan full of grease.

Talking about this, I want to hit the store up for some Jerky and Pepperoni.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next