Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:17 pm 

Taichi-X rifle, that is :D Haven't shot it yet, but man, what a nice girl! Big big thanks Wes!

Attachments:
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 63.89 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 61.48 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 63.79 KiB | Viewed 1206 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 pm 

Looks good, hopefully it will shoot good too.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:39 am 

First accuracy and fps results of the Taichi-X rifle in .22 cal.

10 shots string, in fps, using Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum 14.3 grains domed pellets, 2755 down to 2175psi (19 to 15 Mpa):

1- 483.5
2- 474.7
3- 473.7
4- 474.5
5- 472.8
6- 468.2
7- 468.5
8- 470.5
9- 466.9
10- 466.3

I've also shot a 10-string of RWS Hobby 11 grains pellets at 10 meters, rested, no wind, 17°Celsius, 2175 down to 1740psi (15 to 12 Mpa), it grouped within 2 cm. I lack practice, I'm tired and on coffee. I haven't tried any other pellets yet, better results may be obtained with some other pellets, YMMV.

Attachments:
10-shots_string_10_meters.JPG
10-shots_string_10_meters.JPG [ 60.98 KiB | Viewed 1008 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:04 pm 

That is not bad for a new gun.

Corpsman pellets from the tins are a bit uneven when it comes to weight. A 20 fps spread is about par for the course with them.

How is the breech seal set up on these?

D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:31 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
That is not bad for a new gun.

Corpsman pellets from the tins are a bit uneven when it comes to weight. A 20 fps spread is about par for the course with them.

How is the breech seal set up on these?

D.S.

You mean that could get better? Nice to know :) . I'm also curious to try other brands/weights of pellets. This rifle being my first PCP, I'm not sure what to expect yet, I'm really pleased with it though.

The breech seal is an Oring at the entrance of the barrel, and seeing my own picture, I realize there are some small metal particles embeded in it. Maybe a little clean-up could help with consistency :mrgreen: .

Edit: Forgot to mention, the rear sight is maxed out downward, I was aiming at the bullseye, but you can see how high it shot. I may make a new higher front post to solve that, and also try it scoped.

Attachments:
c.JPG
c.JPG [ 30.6 KiB | Viewed 945 times ]
d.JPG
d.JPG [ 29.41 KiB | Viewed 945 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:07 pm 

On the phone and auto correct has s mind of it's own.

I would expect groups to tighten up after 60 pellets or so. You can help it along by degreasing the bore. Varsol or goo gone are good choices. I know I'm like a broken record on this with repeating myself. Repetitive experience with this has me convinced....

-D.S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:23 pm 

Doc Sharptail wrote:
On the phone and auto correct has s mind of it's own.

I would expect groups to tighten up after 60 pellets or so. You can help it along by degreasing the bore. Varsol or goo gone are good choices. I know I'm like a broken record on this with repeating myself. Repetitive experience with this has me convinced....

-D.S

Well thank you for telling me :) , your experience is welcomed! I should have done it before, was just too impatient to try it... :oops:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:03 pm 

Finally got onto the computer. That cannon style breeching sure looks nice, as does the trigger.

I know the feeling of a new gun and the impatience that comes along with it. :mrgreen:

Over-all, a very nice looking gun. I can't decide if I like the ergonomics of that stock, or not.
Do you feel like you are holding your head back?

For the price point, it should shoot very competitively. I would try both weights of Meister in it, but that's just me.

Congrads on the new carbine. I hope it works well for you.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 pm 

Thanks for sharing your experience thus far =)
It looks almost like you could fill it up to 2900 for sure to get a few more shots. I was getting 40 shots close to 500fps out of one of the pistols I was working on, and they've got a shorter tube, so hopefully this one can be adjusted to get more consistent shots. These are not so easy to work on as the PP700SA unfortunately. Snowpeak really thought out well their setup on that pistol. An adjustable hammer spring and regulator would sure be nice!
If you have any JSB I'd be curious to see how the 14.35 or 15.89 group in your gun. The barrels are supposed to be top notch in these guns =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:39 pm 

Just another comment on the fill pressure. I found that in order to get 200 bar/2900psi I had to fill to 3000psi and then it'd cool down and drop to 200 bar.
These tubes are twice as beefy as the PP700SA, so filling to 3000psi while it's warm is not going to hurt anything. =)

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:09 pm 

Short update: Trigger weight as sold is 2 lb 3.5 oz, or 1000 grams. Will see if I can get it under 2 lb. It seems to be two-stage, but ''QB-like'' two-stage. :)