Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New Airgunners
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:30 pm 

Thumbs up! on the artemis rifles! What a great value, with room to improve and tinker on still. I love my cr600w sub 500 rifle.

MINI UZI 4.5MM with laser two mags
Cp88 nickel comp. modded
Tanfoglio Limited Custom .177 BB
We tech dragon 5.1 hi capa 6mm airsoft

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 pm 

I concur with walther. I also enjoy shooting my cr600w sub 500 rifle. Nice bolt action. Good accuracy, even with just open sights. Plenty of shots per CO2.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:14 pm 

Now that we're back on track, I will remind all members that the dealer's corner is not a chat section. Stick to the dealer' subject: ask focused questions; state very focused comments and opinions.

This dealer's point was subtle, but crystal clear to those who don' necessarily need to turn every subject into their own agenda.

The dealer was saying this (and the dealer is invited to correct me if I'm wrong): I want to provide you with the best of service, and be flexible and understanding in my return policy. However, as "unsympathetic" dealers can take advantage of good customers, good customers also may take advantage of caring dealers by expecting them to be a ready-to-return source for those who want to "try before they buy" from an online dealer. Their power, of course, is a negative review on their marketing medium.

While I think my statement is globally accurate, I'll limit its reference to dealers marketing on this forum: Dealer/members are marketing here because the forum is a highly active, easily accessible market for the products they sell. They extend courtesies to members of this forum because they are also members of this forum, and they see value in dealing with people with which they have more than one connection (that being, "I have product; you want product; your buy product; I make money; end of relationship."

Ask of the dealers on this forum what you might expect from an excellent dealer; do not ask them to (a) kiss your a$$ because your a respected member of this forum or (b) ask for everything because you truly believe these guys can make a profit in their venture by doing everything your way.

Members: these dealers know you, and your hobby, and respect both. Make it a mutual respect by engaging in a sensible business relationship for both parties.

Dealers: Don't hesitate to say, "I'm sorry, I can't (offer 'x'): It is not something I can offer everyone and keep my prices competitive.

Now that I've made that clear, I'll say now that I'll let the post stand even if the dealer says it was not the motivation for his OP. It had to be said anyways.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 am 

PGAir wrote:
If I were in the airgun business, at each airgun sale, I would include a small brochure explaining the different powerplants (break barrel (spring, gas ram), pcp, CO2, pumper) with their positive and negative points. This with a notice on your website and nobody could claim not to know that CO2 is not effective at a low temperature, not to dry-fire a springer, etc.

People don't read owners manual... you think they'll read your brochure? The ones who do will be the one who have done online research first and will already know what is in it.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 pm 

For me, teaching is the way to go. Think what you want of it...

Croman Medalist 1322 Phase 2
Diana 20 T01, Diana 240 Classic T05 .22
Diana 34 .22, Crosman Phantom .22

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
PGAir wrote:
If I were in the airgun business, at each airgun sale, I would include a small brochure explaining the different powerplants (break barrel (spring, gas ram), pcp, CO2, pumper) with their positive and negative points. This with a notice on your website and nobody could claim not to know that CO2 is not effective at a low temperature, not to dry-fire a springer, etc.

People don't read owners manual... you think they'll read your brochure? The ones who do will be the one who have done online research first and will already know what is in it.

I got manuals still in plastic. 2240s, P17, 2100 etc... I only read my manual for my Springfield, due to it having a mainspring locking system, I never encountered before.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2