Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: CO-2 Replicas Shoot
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:05 am 

Headed out to the F/G 13---31 gravel pit today, and got a little work in with the CO-2 pistols.

Umarex/Beretta 92-F. 24 of the 7.9 gr Crosman tear drop points all landed on the target from 7 yards.

Lodged one of the above pellets into a 12 ga hull at 15 yds with the Beretta.... Interesting the way the pellet expanded back over the skirt...

Broke out the 586 for some slow drills practice. That's 10 of the R-10 8.2 gr rifle match, and the big Smith doesn't seem to care for them in the least. 7 yds...

Best pistol group of the day. 7.0 gr R-10 Pistol match. The lower 5 were walking up to the bull, pushing out the fouling of the R-10 rifle match. Upper 5 were all in the 10 ring.

I shot quite a bit at 25 yds with the 13-77 24" bbl carbine. It seems to really like the Crosman 7.9 Gr F/T domes. I was actually hitting primers on spent 12 ga hulls at 25 yds with the old Weaver KV set to 2.75 X :mrgreen:

Everything shot today was shot off-hand, kneeling.

I am impressed with the performance of the R-10 pistol match in the 586, and need to get a few more tins. I'd like to try them in some other replica pistols....

-D.S.

Eye Protection!

Post subject: Re: CO-2 Replicas Shoot
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:32 pm 

Hi Doc, pretty nice shooting. I have been wanting to get an accurate pellet pistol. The 92-F was one I was looking at. Does it have adjustable sights? I was making a deal with someone that had a Umarex 1911, but he changed his mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:31 am 

The sights on the Umarex Beretta 92 are fixed. The 1911's are the same way.
The only one I have with an adjustable rear is the 586.
If only it came with the orange insert in the front blade like it's firearm counter-part...

The Beretta seems to be pretty well "on" with pellets near 8 grains. I really need to run a few mag fulls of the R-10 Match pistol pellets through the Beretta, and see how well I can do with them.

-D.S.

Eye Protection!

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:05 am 

Tried a bit more with the R-10 pistol match 7.0 gr pellets.

Results of 12 of them at 7 yds. out of my legends ace. They are tumbling in flight.
I noticed the pellet seals on the cartridges are starting to deteriorate. The pellets must make a bit of a jump from the rear of the cartridge to the forcing cone. It was very windy with unpredictable cross-gusts. I am sure the spread groups are a direct result of wind drift.

Tried with the Crosman Piranha, and didn't fare much better. At least they did not keyhole.

I tried various different pellets in the PPQ and couldn't get it to group worth beans.

With the wind the way it was, I gave up on groups and went to the rifles to plink spent 12 ga hulls around the pit...

Did do a bit of penetration testing. The JSB heavy in .22 cuts the nicest holes in 16 gauge sheet metal at 15 yds, with the .177 metal mag predators coming in a close second. I tried also with some old 16 gr .22 cal. Pelicano points that are starting to oxidize, and they actually ripped through the sheet metal. The lead on those pellets is fairly soft.

The wood ticks are out in force. Just a heads up to roll your socks over your pant cuffs if you are out in the woods this time of year. I got a good shin bite...

-D.S.

Eye Protection!