Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:34 am 

McMaster-Carr <la.sales@mcmaster.com>
Mon 2019-05-20 7:21 AM

Hi Robert,

We ship to Canada via Purolator, UPS, FedEx, or DHL to Canada and do not use USPS.

However, due to the cost and complexity of shipping our products to Canada, we are only able to accept orders from businesses and schools.

Anna

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:58 am 

McMaster Carr is a convenient website to find components and I use them quite often for work (I do machine design) as they are convenient and have cad files for a lot of their products. They have list prices but are priced in U.S. dollars. They are an industrial supply source that resell components from the original manufacturer. Most of these components can also be found at your local industrial supply house. There are a lot of Canadian suppliers i.e. Fastenal, Canadian Bearings, Century Tool to source components. It is so much easier today to find stuff with the internet.

Anything in particular you are trying to find?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am 

That is sad. I used to order from them Mcmaster years back , boy do they have everything...
In vancouver BC i use pacific fastener for bolts etc, they are fantastic.

MINI UZI 4.5MM with laser two mags
Cp88 nickel comp. modded
Tanfoglio Limited Custom .177 BB
We tech dragon 5.1 hi capa 6mm airsoft

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm 

I like how everyone tends to use the same excuses for not shipping into Canada, cost and difficulty. For small parts the cost is close to the same or slightly higher than shipping inside the US and how difficult is it to fill out a short form? I’ve had numerous people refuse to ship to Canada for those reasons and still demanded that I ship to the US despite facing the same issues.

For machine screws I found Canada bolts good to deal with

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:36 pm 

Ronan_357 wrote:
I like how everyone tends to use the same excuses for not shipping into Canada, cost and difficulty. For small parts the cost is close to the same or slightly higher than shipping inside the US and how difficult is it to fill out a short form? I’ve had numerous people refuse to ship to Canada for those reasons and still demanded that I ship to the US despite facing the same issues.

For machine screws I found Canada bolts good to deal with

I rarely order from the USA now, between the lazy , excuse making jacked shipping BS they pull and the real life Handmaids Tale politics going on there I have no interest in supporting them anymore. I have found lots of UK and euro sources for things.

MINI UZI 4.5MM with laser two mags
Cp88 nickel comp. modded
Tanfoglio Limited Custom .177 BB
We tech dragon 5.1 hi capa 6mm airsoft

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm 

I ordered some washers and shims from them and they cancelled my order and sent me the same email. I've had such trouble trying to source things in Canada from places like Fastenal or Brafasco it drives me nuts.

For anyone looking for O-rings of any particular size for breech seals etc, try orings and more. I've ordered from them a couple of times. Their prices beat anything in Canada and they ship very quickly.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:52 pm 

When I was in design years back I used these guys all the time
https://spaenaur.com/