Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:05 am 

Okay guys, so I'm relatively new to the air gun scene. I took apart my NP2 no problems, and covered the bleed hole in the piston to boost the FPS (Yes I have a valid PAL). I re-assembled the gun and I am now having problems getting the gun to cock (It will pump but it wont lock in) and I am also having problems with the trigger, as it basically is just flopping freely. Not really sure how I would go about fixing this, if anyone has ideas, feel free to drop a comment.

Thanks for you time guys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:18 am 

Sounds like a spring didn't get assembled right. If the trigger is floppy, means no spring tension, also means the sear won't work right.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:25 am 

Not sure how I would go about fixing that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:41 pm 

That spring is held in by the two posts on the sear above and below it, so when you take the trig assy out the upper sear flips up allowing the spring to get cockeyed or fall out. So when you put it back together you have to set the spring on the post of the lower sear, then swing the upper sear so the post goes into it. Then hold the sear so the spring can't pop back out during assy. The parts pix should explain assy. The install pix is of a different but almost identical trig and may help your install. I rekon you could use some dental floss to tie it up for the install. The spring pix I threw in b/c a lotta peep think the trig pull is too much and this is how you reduce it. I like home-brew mods that are free or as close to free as possible, so there it is. I call it an NPSS trigger but from the old Benj Legacy 15+yrs ago, some others including the NPSS, and now the NP2, all have the same trig.

Attachments:
NPSS Trigger.jpg
NPSS Trigger.jpg [ 27.21 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]
Trigger install.JPG
Trigger install.JPG [ 68.96 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]
NPSS Trigger spring.JPG
NPSS Trigger spring.JPG [ 87.09 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]