Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:22 pm 

New member from Vancouver Island

Just joined CAF. After many years away from shooting (+20), I took out an old break-barrel my boys and I used to shoot pop cans. After a couple of weeks, I remembered how much I enjoyed shooting and decided that the break barrel might have been okay for pop cans at 20 or 30 feet, it wasn’t up to any serious target shooting.

I have spent the last few weeks going through various websites and forums to get a perspective on what’s out there. I was very impressed with the info and advice on CAF. Air guns are a lot more sophisticated than what I grew up with and I am glad to have had the benefit of all the information.

I recently upgraded to an Air Arms S510, .22 cal. de-rated to under 500 fps for the Canadian market. It shoots extraordinarily well and no PAL required. Early tests showed fps variation as high as +/- 20 high-to-low on some pellets and with a couple (e.g. RWS Hyper Max) +/- 4. This latter number seems very low so it may not be representative of what would be typical.

Initial groups at 30 yards were okay, but nothings special. But as my Dad would say, it’s the carpenter not the tool. Hopefully an upgraded scope and more practice will be a better indicator of accuracy.

I am looking forward to learning more about air gunning. I think CAF will be my “go to” place for info.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 pm 

Welcome to the CAF from an ex-Victoria resident!

Lots and lots of helpful people here and tons of useful info PLUS a LOT of air guns For Sale here at great prices!!

Enjoy!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 am 

Welcome Pete510

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Welcome aboard Peter!

I was great meeting you in person over coffee and chatting about everything airgun. I'm certain you'll find a wealth of information, a friendly community of enthusiasts and some really wonderful people here. Don't forget to add a location to your profile as a courtesy to other members.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 am 

Greetings!