Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:14 pm 

Hi ,

I am recently moved Ontario, Richmond Hill city from India and i bought a very beautiful air rifle with which is a Nitro piston type rifle, i have been using it from lass 1 and half years and i really love the accuracy of the rifle.

Few days ago i was plinking with my rifle and suddenly got a call from my boss, i kept talking to him over the phone, in the mean while i packed my rifle inside the rifle case and put it in the closet. After about 3-4 days i reached out to my rifle for doing some target shooting which i usually do in every week i discovered that i had cocked my rifle in my last use and forgot to unload it the rifle stood cocked for around 100 + hours by that time, i tried to put a pellet inside the barrel and fire the air gun fired but the pellet didn't came out since then i have been trying have removed the pellet and tried firing the air rifle problem stayed same every time i cock the rifle and try to fire the pellets gets stuck, maybe be because of the low pressure or some thing i don't know.
Can anyone let me know which nitro piston to put as the replacement to that rifle to solve the issue i am attaching some reference image and model of the air gun india i bought here to for your ease kindly let me know where can i buy the piston or any air gun repair shop nearby me who is capable to fix it.

I know i can go buy some other air rifle which i will surly do in the future but i really don't want to let go of this air rifle since it was given to me by my father.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:56 am 

First off , welcome to the CAF . Next up , are there any pellets stuck in the barrel ? Last but not least ,that rifle appears to be a B18 clone of sorts . But the best way to get you the correct information would be to have measurements of the existing cylinder . If I were to take a guess I would say the gas ram from a Benjamin trail np ( first version) would fit . If you can please post some pics of the rifle with the stock removed .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:54 pm 

Hi Hobbyman thanks for looking into the matter, i will post some images tomorrow and give the exact measurement using a caliper.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:14 pm 
Supporting Member 2010

My thoughts are the same.....if it was already cocked then it may have had a pellet in it. When you put the next pellet in it this would cause a jam. If you dont have a push rod pick one up, you will need it. Wooden dowel will work in a pinch.

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:07 pm 

Hi

Yes it is true 2 pellets got stuck inside because of my negligence i have removed them but now the piston is not performing well and not providing required power. So i think i still need to replace the piston, currently i am in a business trip to US but i had made a contact with a local gun smith in my area he said he will fix it by replacing it with other piston of the same size, i am goin to take my rifle to him in the coming week hope it gets fixed.

By the way i am attaching some images of the piston after disassembling the rifle i have measured the piston diameter which is 27.7mm,
i hope if you geeks can figure out a similar piston of the same size.

Attachments:
nitropiston-rifle.png
nitropiston-rifle.png [ 10.99 KiB | Viewed 216 times ]
IMG_20190709_144634.jpg
IMG_20190709_144634.jpg [ 116.81 KiB | Viewed 216 times ]
File comment: Nitro piston diameter
IMG_20190709_144603.jpg
IMG_20190709_144603.jpg [ 218.71 KiB | Viewed 216 times ]