Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New Chrono
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:39 am 

I see Airgun Source is getting in a new type of Chrono. Was previewed on web a couple of months ago.

https://www.airgunsource.ca/us/fx-radar ... graph.html

Preview Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5XvTHajas

What's everyone's opinion?

Post subject: Re: New Chrono
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 am 

Dang it! Just ordered one from Pyramyd at $US199, should have asked AGS if they were bringing them in...

Anyway... I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces while tuning a Marauder. I know the chrono has its speed limitations, but my local range has a regular Shooting Chrony we can rent if I want to test the powderburner hand-loads... so this one's fine for my airgun tweaking.

Post subject: New Chrono
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:56 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Double Dang!

I pre-ordered mine from Pyramid Air months ago ....... it finally arrived today! Looks like a mighty fine little unit, made in Taiwan of course. Landed, it set me back about $300 CAD, a bit more than $199.00 plus tax and shipping via AGS, but I may just be the first kid on the block, to own one. Although listed on Air Gun Source's website, they are not yet in stock.

Likely won't have a chance to test my new FX Radar Chronograph out until the weekend, but it all seems to be working in terms of hardware / software interface. Software looks great with provision for customizing and entering in a library of reference rifles and pistols via profile tab. Here one can select a variety of velocity ranges, scope data, pellet type /weight and units selection, such as FPS, Joules, MPH, FT Lbs etc. Additional options / features will likely be added as the smartphone software is developed further. YouTube review by Air Gun Gear Show linked in previous post above describes operation and various features quite nicely. If it performs as well as reported, I'll likely list my ProChrono DLX for sale on the forum, as I won't really be needing two Bluetooth / Smartphone Chronys. Anyone interested please feel free to PM me in advance. The ProChrono DLX will include the LED lighting mod I posted a few weeks ago, but let's wait and see how this neat little FX unit performs first!

A photo of FX Radar iPhone app and transmitter.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
IMG_1456.jpg
IMG_1456.jpg [ 162.14 KiB | Viewed 1363 times ]

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:16 pm 

I like the radar one is we don't need to worry about lightings any more, right?

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:22 pm 

Exactly! This unit embodies radar (radio) technology ...... sun, rain, midnight, no matter -works just as well under all of these conditions as it's not dependent on light for measurement.

My ProChrono DLX app has the ability to email shot string statistics, graphs etc. which the FX unit currently does not, however, one can hope and dream these features will be added in future software updates.

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:30 pm 

Yeah... A software / app update will just add anything to the devices... We can certainly hope so!

Just like I am using Google Map on my cellphone to replace the build in Navigation system in my car for some days already... And the UI just keep improving almost every time I run the app... Not like the Nav in my car, so many new roads new highways it can't show and an easy update will cost you about 400 bucks includes tax...

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 am 

Avianmanor wrote:
Double Dang!

I pre-ordered mine from Pyramid Air months ago ....... it finally arrived today! Looks like a mighty fine little unit, made in Taiwan of course. Landed, it set me back about $300 CAD, a bit more than $199.00 plus tax and shipping via AGS, but I may just be the first kid on the block, to own one. Although listed on Air Gun Source's website, they are not yet in stock.

Likely won't have a chance to test my new FX Radar Chronograph out until the weekend, but it all seems to be working in terms of hardware / software interface. Software looks great with provision for customizing and entering in a library of reference rifles and pistols via profile tab. Here one can select a variety of velocity ranges, scope data, pellet type /weight and units selection, such as FPS, Joules, MPH, FT Lbs etc. Additional options / features will likely be added as the smartphone software is developed further. YouTube review by Air Gun Gear Show linked in previous post above describes operation and various features quite nicely. If it performs as well as reported, I'll likely list my ProChrono DLX for sale on the forum, as I won't really be needing two Bluetooth / Smartphone Chronys. Anyone interested please feel free to PM me in advance. The ProChrono DLX will include the LED lighting mod I posted a few weeks ago, but let's wait and see how this neat little FX unit performs first!

A photo of FX Radar iPhone app and transmitter.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Looking forward to your review. I was waiting for this one to arrive in Canada. Early reports from guys in the US are very positive.

Post subject: New FX Chrono Results
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:24 pm 

G'Day Ladies and Gents!

Managed to get a little shooting in today with my newly acquired FX Radar Pocket Chronograph https://fxairguns.com/accessories/pocket-chronograph/, and what a mighty fine airgun accessory it truly is!

Set up a target @ 30 yards and sent over one hundred pellets downrange with the Artemis PP700S-A I recently purchased from Wes @ AirgunArcheryFun. I believe I could shoot an entire 500 count tin of pellets, and the FX Radar wouldn't miss a beat -not one velocity error in a 100 shot string! Now that is impressive! The unit worked flawlessly, with no glitches or problems communicating with the FX App on my iPhone ....... this unit raises the bar for affordability, accuracy and ease of use when it comes to Airgun velocity measurement; an absolute bargain @ $199.00 IMHO! The only drawback I can see at this point in time is the stated upper velocity limit of 1300 FPS, which may limit use in the world of Powderburners.

Grab one while you can!

Cheers!

Avianmanor

P.S. Check out the velocity consistency of the regulated Artemis PP700S-A Pistol.....Wow!
Attachment:
File comment: Shot String
IMG_1464.PNG
IMG_1464.PNG [ 427.02 KiB | Viewed 1178 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Set Up
IMG_1465.PNG
IMG_1465.PNG [ 694.39 KiB | Viewed 1178 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Real Time Display
IMG_1462.PNG
IMG_1462.PNG [ 648.82 KiB | Viewed 1178 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:40 pm 

Thanks @Avianmanor that's making me even more excited for the thing to arrive!

Very nice shot string, that's looking like a fun little airgun...

Have you seen any ability to get shot-strings off the device and into something handy like a spreadsheet?

Cheers
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:47 pm 

Hi Chris,

Unlike my ProChrono DLX App, which allows shots strings and graphs to be emailed directly, the current FX App is very limited in this regard. There is a copy to clipboard function at the top of the FX App Screen, which will allow you to paste the shot strings into an email or other supporting App. Another option is to take a screen shot photo as those I posted in my review.

Undoubtedly the supporting FX App will evolve over time and include new features as it's developed and updated. I'd say however, the company is completely committed to regular updates in order to keep their App functional with each new iteration of Apple / Android OS -the hardware is useless without it. We might even see Mac and PC compatibility as time progresses, similar to Chairgun and ProChrono DLX software programs.

OH Yeah! This PP700S-A is just way too much fun! And that's saying allot from a guy who swore he'd no interest whatsoever in handguns.

Cheers!

Aaron / Avianmanor
Attachment:
IMG_1466.jpg
IMG_1466.jpg [ 91.16 KiB | Viewed 1159 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:06 pm 

Ahhh OK, clipboard paste to email works, thanks - yes it would be great to see integration directly with the computer to skip that step, maybe I'll suggest that in an app review...

Pretty good testament to this chrony that you posted your DLX for sale 8)

Now what's that gidget on your PP700? Looks like a flashlight but the mount would be blocking your open sights... little illuminated pistol scope?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:17 pm 

cisco wrote:
Now what's that gidget on your PP700? Looks like a flashlight but the mount would be blocking your open sights... little illuminated pistol scope?

That little "gidget" is a green laser sight https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LPI ... UTF8&psc=1 -mandatory for old farts like me who now require progressive lenses to see near and far.

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:22 pm 

ooo, that looks like a great accessory... another thing I didn't yet realise I needed :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:16 am 

Yup, put another accessory on my list.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:40 pm 

Just looked- AGS -out of stock