Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:14 pm 

rob g wrote:
I did see one video where a guy made a small bracket on a 3D printer to mount the chrono to the underside of the barrel. That would certainly get rid of repeatable positioning issues.

However I doubt anything attached to the barrel will affect the POI, otherwise the chrony has to be stay there permanently even you don't need the chrony numbers and you zero the gun again on that status...

I once bought the carbon fiber tubes and want to make it a nice looking shround for my HW30 or HW35... I just put that 6 inches something feather like carbon fiber tube on and off, a very big changes on the POI just surprised me!

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:14 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
Have been seeing a few negative reviews on the FX Chrono recently, I thought other forum members should be aware of.

The main beef seems to be primarily in velocity comparisons between conventional Chronys like ProChrono, Shooting Chrony, Caldwell etc. and the new FX Pocket Unit, with criticisms based on a 2 - 3 FPS variance between the two ........ 3FPS? Really? Come one people! This is a $200 Doppler Radar Chronograph! And who is to say the inaccuracy lays with the FX and not the conventional Chrony it's being compared to? Even my C E ProChrono DLX, rated @ +/_ 1% wasn't dead accurate. Here's a link https://youtu.be/HtbKqI0dwhg to a YouTube video comparing in the field, the FX unit against the well known, highly regarded and far more expensive LabRadar ..... a 2 or 3 FPS variance at these velocities (950 FPS) according to my math equates to less than 1/2 % difference!

The second criticism I've been seeing is how finicky placement of the FX Radar Transmitter is in regards to getting error free measurements ..... I tried mine out with several pistols and two PCP rifles, 100 shot strings on the pistols and 50 plus on the rifles .... not one glitch or missed measurement! Not sure why performance results seem to vary so much from one user or another, but my unit continues to exceed my wildest expectations.

At the end of the day, how accurate does a Chronograph really have to be in the world of air-gunning? These discrepancies may also be a software related issue, which could potentially be resolved with future updates.

Looking forward to seeing some testing / performance results from other members on this forum once a few more of the FX units are in circulation. I suppose time will tell all.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Well said, and pretty logical thinking from my point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:32 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
As the highly anticipated update to the FX Pocket Radar Chronograph failed to materialize, I wrote FX Sweden Customer Support and inquired when we might expect an update and, if there were any plans to write software programs for PC and Mac -here is the response:

"Yes!

we are continuously working with the app and updating it, We just did the update for android last week and will be pushing out the Apple one ASAP.

We aren't working for any for the pc or mcintosh right now, but i will forward the request.

Sincerely Johan / FX Support Team
"

Wondering if anyone out there has had a chance to preview the updated Android version?

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:47 pm 

The FX app in my cellphone had been updated automatically on Aug.16... However my unit is still on the way to AGS... So I don't know what exactly changed... As mentioned on the update notes, looks not related to the core functions... Image

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:26 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello everyone,

A new iOS update (V 1.4) for the FX Pocket Chronograph was posted today with a few bug fixes and a diagram showing placement / attachment of a new “mounting bracket” at the barrel end of your airgun. Looks like FX has addressed one of the major issues some users have been experiencing in terms of consistent / accurate measurements. My unit continues to operate flawlessly, and remains the cat’s meow in my books.

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*